"Tell 'em the price son", and yet it survived

This recent small blog got me thinking how strong the Apple moniker was, is and most likely will be…

I grew up with Atari (130XE and a tape recorder) then really wanted the ST but ended up with an Amiga. Since ditching the PC few years ago I like everything Apple despite the price it commands.

I do envy how great Apple is and do wish sometimes that Atari and Commodore could have survived to this day but I guess they didn’t have Steve Jobs or people of such calibre as him in order to get them through the bad times?

What Commodore had were idiots in the marketing department. I was a fan, through 4 Commodores ( the C64, C128, Amiga500 and Amiga1200). They could have and should have done a lot better.

1 Like

I knew from first use that I was a “Macintosh user”. First hold of a mouse, first time hearing the startup chime, seeing the Finder, the clear crisp feel of OS 6…

And yet since that day way back in 1989/90, I have only purchased 4 Macintosh computers “from Apple”. The other 7 were all second hand, and I suspect the one after that, and the one after that will be too, due simply to the price. (As per other thread, already planning on a 2011 iMac… And as soon as it was unveiled I thought to myself - I’ll own one of those shiny black round trashcans one day… Maybe not in 3 years, maybe not in 5… But one day…)

Yes, amazing products, but so expensive.

2 Likes