The Apple Book

So who here is thinking of buying the Apple Book? http://www.macrumors.com/2016/11/15/apple-hardbound-photo-book/

I guess it might appeal to the true fanbois, but to be honest I just get the feeling that somebody said “let’s do this and see which chumps buy it”.

I’ll buy it. :slight_smile: Will look good next to my 20th Anniversary Mac. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly your TAM won’t be in it. Apparently it’s only stuff from 1998 onwards and from what I’m reading the TAM came out in 1997.

1 Like

I’ll (probably) buy one. I already own Iconic, so this seems like the natural progression.

1 Like

I’m interested but I’ll have to see it in person.
US$299 is pretty steep though, and the more I mull it over the more of a waste of money I see it being.

Rather buy a PS4 Pro.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mixedupworld/status/798641045659525120

:fearful:

In the online store right now. Delivers Friday 18/11.

AU$429 for the big one.

I’ll give this a miss.

I’m pretty sure that I didn’t even pay that much for some of my Frank Lloyd Wright books that I have and they’re along the same lines as this pretty much a retrospective of his work.

I’m pretty sure that they most expensive one was $300 from the Art Gallery of SA’s bookshop. :confused:

Smells like an expensive load of hubris to me.
An unkind person would say Ive is too busy legacying himself to bother with things like a new Mac pro or mac mini. the new iMac, if there is one, probably went back to the drawing board on 23 November.

I wonder if now he has finished this very time consuming project he has started planning parade laps of honour around the new saucer HQ? Hail Ive! Hail Ive!

Yeah. He’s a bit special, eh?

I won’t be buying it. At $200 less, I might but not at those prices.

Get the original and the best - it also covers those pesky pre-1998 years. Iconic by Shrine of Apple’s Jonathan Zufi

The book contains marvelous photography, and is the pride of my Apple Collection.

I’ll wait for the Kindle version!

2 Likes

Oh shit… I’m very near Cupertino at the moment and am going to have to resist the temptation of dropping into the Company Store and picking one up…

Man, you could make some serious money just going to the company store and putting Apple t-shirts on ebay…

3 Likes

Good plan, that would pay for the book!

Let me know if you do, I’ll buy a t-shirt :slight_smile:

1 Like

As we’ve come to expect from Apple, yet another disappointing release. And I’m hearing it doesn’t have a headphone jack OR any USB-C ports.

Not even wifi or the latest Intel CPU!!! :angry:

1 Like
1 Like