The craziest Wikileaks email so far

From here:

Purportedly an email from Edgar Mitchell, the astronaut who was the 6th man on the moon, to John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager, on 18 August 2015, that states:

“Remember, our nonviolent ETI from the contiguous universe are helping us bring zero point energy to Earth. They will not tolerate any forms of military violence on Earth or in space.”

True or not?

I don’t know, I generally take Wikileaks stuff with a grain of salt as I just don’t trust Assange, he has an agenda and will stop at nothing to pursue it.

However, if true the impact and repercussions for humanity would/could be huge.

Assange has an agenda? world domination? destruction of civilization?

Whilst Assange absolutely has an agenda, I’ve never really seen it being anything beyond wanting to see the truth exposed…

Whether or not Asange commit the acts that saw the attempts to extradite him - I’m not sure, though do suspect in that regard he may not be squeaky clean… But I totally agree that he’ll likely end up being “captured” by the US if he complies with the Swedes… (Danes?)

2 Likes

I dunno about that cosmic. If he could be extradited by the US from Sweden he certainly could have been from the UK while he was hanging out there before the Swedes tried to extradite him and he ran into the Ecuadorean Embassy. There seems to be two issues on the rape accusation: what constitutes rape in Sweden; and Assange getting full of himself to Trump-like proportions and letting that influence his behaviour with the ladies.

On the email, obviously a funny joke. There was some press coverage about zero point laser experiments a while back. The real issue regarding emails is that the secretary of state’s emails have been hacked because a nominee for Prez did not want her emails to be subject to normal government scrutiny and corresponded from a private server*, and the DNC emails show the attempted cover up**. This includes official corro with the President! Think yourself lucky you don’t have to vote in the US. The choices are worse than here. At least voting in the US isn’t compulsory.

*Our PM has done similar, again to avoid scrutiny. It should be stopped.

**i wonder if their defence will be " nobody suggested there wouldn’t be a cover up". Older kids will get the allusion.

I looked into this and Snopes has a good summary:

Conclusion - emails authentic but from an eccentric astronaut.

Ultimately, though, what has emerged from these messages is a picture of a decorated astronaut with a history of eccentric views attempting, unsuccessfully, to set up a meeting with a high ranking and potentially sympathetic government official with either the help of (or influence from) both a metaphysicist and an advocate for a demilitarized space.

On the issue of Assange, I have a mind that if Sweden wanted to talk to Assange they could very well have either while he was there or in the process afterwards via video link. He’s taken to be holed up in a non-extradition country since and there’s not much anyone can do about it either Sweden or the UK, or the US for that matter.

On the matter of Clinton’s emails in the light of Donald Trump? Who really cares at the end of the day because it comes down to this. Who do you trust with the nuclear codes in control of the worlds most powerful armed forces?

It really comes down to anyone but Donald Trump.