The_Hawks Flight Log

I bought a new toy last week and am starting to play with it. It’s the DJI Phantom 3 Standard (so the base model) which has a 2.7k camera out of the box.

So far I’ve been out twice, the first flight locally where I just did a quick and dirty upload of the raw footage.

This weekend I got out to Lillydale Lake and then dumped it into iMovie and added some music, trimmed the clips and ended up with these two:
(normally it’s busy but this weekend was crazy full of Pokemon Go players)

I’m very open to any suggestions on places that might be interesting to go for a fly. Today I was out at Frankston Pier (sadly without the drone) and figured it might be an interesting place to come back to when I get a chance and launch from the beach down a little where there are less people.

I’m already looking at upgrades for the Drone, being the cheaper model it uses WiFi rather than “light bridge” in the more expensive models so some larger antennas with a little more gain are probably on the cards to give me a more reliable connection/signal (and a little more range, but mostly for the better signal strength).

1 Like