Tuesday Morning News

screen-shot-2015-11-02-at-21-53-36A review of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus from Anandtech kicks us off this morning, with their own review kicking things off by saying this year has been incredibly boring in the mobile sector. In their own words, a series of lacklustre Android device releases have meant the iPhone has even less competition than ever before, but I confess that I’ve only read the first and last pages, where they say that basically everything has changed to make this the best iPhone yet, earning it the Anandtech Editor’s Choice Gold award.

MacRumors tells us about tips, tricks, and shortcuts you can do with the new Siri remote that weren’t possible on previous versions of the Apple TV.

The official Plex app for the new Apple TV is now available, offering local video streaming from your Plex media server as well as an incomplete selection of streaming video content from internet sources such as YouTube and Vimeo. You’ll also be paying US$5 to activate local streaming, too.

Apple is said to be hiring a manager for original and live content for iTunes and Apple Music. As reported by AppleInsider, the job listing calls for someone with senior-level entertainment and media background, asking for skills in events and project management.

Apple’s Personal Pickup service appears to be rolling out to international locations soon. As far as I can tell, the only way this differs to in-store reservation is that you buy your item from Apple’s online store, then pick up in-store, as opposed to simply reserving an item online and then purchasing it in-store.

Procreate 3 is now out on the App Store, featuring support for the iPad Pro as well as the Apple Pencil. It’s a free update for existing owners for the app, otherwise you’re looking at $9.99 on the Australian App Store for the best creativity apps around.

People have been having issues with Apple’s iPhone upgrade program, mostly thanks to obtuse rules about loans (which is what the Apple upgrade program actually is). A Macworld staffer describes his own nightmare-worthy encounter with the program.

Business Insider has pictures of the Brussels Apple Store, the first of its kind to be designed by Jony Ive. The exterior of the building is mostly made up of floor-to-ceiling glass panels, some of them curved, with Apple’s usual timber furnishings inside and eight trees — something Apple’s own Bondi Apple Store has had for ages now.

If you thought the Brussels Apple Store was impressive, the new Apple Store in Dubai has a massive floor-to-ceiling screen that is mostly used for Apple Watch marketing, at least according to this tweet.

Over at Medium, MG Siegler says 3D Touch is the best feature of the new iPhone, giving an entirely new method of interaction that’s completely seamless to use, as well as being incredibly useful.

Originally published at: http://appletalk.com.au/2015/11/tuesday-morning-news031115/

I could do without trees in an Apple store, they’re crowded enough spaces as is. Bit OTT.

No money required to use local streaming… Its working fine here from the study to the TV without a requirement to pay anything.

Interesting, when I read 9to5Mac’s original article this morning it said there was a $5 fee to activate local streaming.

This came in email from Plex

We’ve always thought that Apple TV would be a perfect place for Plex, so imagine our excitement when Apple announced that we could finally make that dream a reality. We worked 'round the clock on our official app from the moment of the announcement, and we’re excited to say that it’s out and it looks amazing. Best of all, Plex for Apple TV​ is totally free for everyone!