Tuesday Morning News

Thanks to a Chinese Apple news and rumour site and republished by 9to5Mac, we now have photos of what’s claimed to be the display assembly of the 12-inch MacBook Air. As far as part leaks go, this one isn’t giving much away — the display itself is said to have a Retina-class resolution, although no pixel count has been observed…

Originally published at: http://appletalk.com.au/2015/01/tuesday-morning-news270115/

Have you read any credible rumours lately about the likely cost of the Apple Watch? I’ve got a $100 Officeworks gift card I’ve been holding onto for about 6 months now and it’s starting to burn a hole in my pocket. I’m hoping it’ll be sub-$200 but I might be dreaming.

On the topic of notification centre widgets, one of my favourits is KeyPad. It lets you enter phone numbers on your Mac and it’ll call that number via your iPhone. I’ve found it a very handy time saver.

You’re dreaming. Cheapest model is expected is around $349 in the US.

Also FaceTime in Yosemite allows you to do the exact same thing. (Call a standard voice number via your iPhone.)

No way I’m paying that for a watch, but that’s fine. Yeah I know Facetime does that, but it’s not nearly as convenient.