TV - What are you watching? - Part 2

We’re about to head into US prime TV season, so rather than bump the 2014 thread of the same name I thought we should start fresh.

I’m currently enjoying Fear the Walking Dead and I Am Cait and I’m champing at the bit to get into:

• Gotham
  • The Amazing Race
  • A Place to Call Home (Why Ch7 axed it I’ll never know)
  • Goggle Box Australia
  • American Horror Story
  • The Walking Dead

How about you? Any new shows coming out we should know about?

Just finished watching Narcos on Netflix. :+1::+1:

OK, the only english, currently-being broadcast thing I’m watching at the moment is Rick and Morty. It’s by Dan Harmon, so you know it’s good - but it’s like a better version of all the animated traditional comedies: it’s definitely not for kids, but then again, neither are Family Guy or American Dad et al, and Rick and Morty is better than both of them IMHO.

Just watched the latest episode of Fear the Walking Dead on iTunes - awesome so far.

Also been watching the latest season of Utopia on iView.

I have been watching The Walking Dead (just paid for the new season, can’t wait).

Have finished House of Cards, OITNB on Netflix.

Otherwise, that’s it for now.

I just started watching Humans last night. great first episode.

Other than that, I’m all about cooking shows. Masterchef USA is down to the final 3! Also, they struggled with pastries on The Great British Bake Off last week, which was quite exciting indeed.

Oh, and Doctor Who starts this weekend.

I’m still all about superhero shows - The Flash, Arrow, Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter, plus this season there’s Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl and Jessica Jones. Of course there’s also the usual - Walking Dead, Gotham, Doctor Who, You’re the Worst, Survivor, Supernatural, The Americans etc.

Some new pilots I’m looking forward to: Limitless, The Muppets, Ash vs Evil Dead, Billions, The Bastard Executioner, Lucifer and Preacher.

Yes! The 10 minute short they released last month was pretty good.

I’ve been watching old episodes of The Muppet Show recently, and while there’s a lot about it that doesn’t really hold up to modern standards (Alice Cooper is hammier than Miss Piggy), it’s got a certain dopey charm that I hope they retain in the modern reboot.

1 Like

I started watching Narcos last night but I’m not fond of subtitles, and the style of the show annoyed me, so I didnt even finish the first episode. I’ve been watching a bunch of stuff on Netflix that I never got round to on FTA because I mostly watch ABC… so catching up on old shows like Poirot, NCIS and Numbers, and seeing for the first time Arrow, Agents of Shield, Daredevil, Grace and Frankie, and others… also rewatching stuff :slight_smile:

I first heard Anthony mention " Mr Robot" on the Reckoner podcast which is on Presto.
Top shelf show that hooks you in and you end up binge watching, but only one season out so far.

The Flash
Arrow
Gotham
Doctor Who
Supernatural
Orange is the New Black (netflix)
House (netflix)
iZombie (Stan)
Survivor

1 Like

very little, there is more rubbish about than ever before, esp. on TV. We use Apple TV to watch to odd movie.

Utopia (ABC) which just finished
Restoration Australia
I will be watching Please Like Me when season 3 starts

Yeah… pretty dodgy tv watching by me:P

I don’t really watch that much TV, but other than the generic recommendations that everyone watches (Archer, Bob’s Burgers) I will throw a recommendation to Plebs: a British comedy about Romans, all the jokes are based around current day office politics.

But my most favouritest show released in probably the past 15-20 years is Fresh Meat. It’s about a bunch of 4 uni students living in share housing. It’s comedy, but has an interesting plot and just the right amount of drama without being cringeworthy. Highly recommend.

Great thread!

We are doing:

• The Blacklist
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Modern Family
  • Homeland
  • Grand Designs
  • The Amazing Race

Just finished:

• Narcos
  • House of Cards

eeep…a lot of time on TV!

Vulture made a page where you could calculate how many hours of TV you were committing yourself to, based on the shows you were planning to watch. Let’s just say my answer was “a lot”.

Very pleases that Bob’s Burgers has returned. Easily my favourite show on TV at the moment and absolutely heartwarming as far as animations go. You even end up caring for the ‘enemies’ by the end of every episode.

Also on the Daily Show with Trevor Noah, and Late Show with Stephen Colbert train at the moment. Unsure if I’ll keep them in regular rotation as I often don’t have enough time to keep up with new episodes every day.

Doctor Who’s back, too!

Hmm… season 3 of Arrow is on US netflix. Started watching and suddenly became completely over the angst. Stopped watching. Strange, I really liked it for the first two seasons. Its gone all soapy.

If you like Humans you must find the Swedish original that the UK made Humans is taken from. It’s called Real Humans (or Akta Manniskor in Swedish).

So I’m minding my own business checking out the US iTunes TV store, when I see that a new AMC TV series about to debut next week - Into the Badlands.

And it looks awesome.

A sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, kung fu-Western mashup… what…?!

I’ve already paid for a season pass. :slight_smile: I’m sold.

1 Like

I’m getting in to a BBC production called “The Last Kingdom”.

It’s set in Britain in the 860’s and is very much a revenge story, with Danish invaders slugging it out every now and then with the local populace of Brits and Saxons. It’s got the usual murder/revenge/rape and pillage/evil uncle subplots but it has been beautifully and accurately filmed.

A couple of the lead roles are played by actors who were in “Banished” earlier this year and probably got roles in this new production because they had some contractual term guaranteeing them some basic level of work this year as Banished was canned soon after it was broadcast.