TV - What are you watching? - Part 2

Just saw the finale of Stranger Things tonight… amazing series.

A reviewer on Wired summed up this part perfectly (here: http://www.wired.com/2016/07/stranger-things-finale/):

As someone who grew up in the 80s riding BMXes with a group of friends through woods, climbing cliffsides, all by ourselves, cheating death a few times, it really captured a nostalgic sense of my experience growing up with no internet, and spending every afternoon with friends on my bike outdoors. Those were the days…

2 Likes

Funny you mention that, I just finished the first ep. Bloody Brilliant.

Also just started Mr. Robot which is fantastically written, I’m hooked on both, which is good as I’ve got the next 2 weeks of work to binge watch everything.

Must say, there’s not much Netflix original content that isn’t the bees knees, they’re certainly becoming a studio to be reckoned with.

1 Like

Same here. Just started and it’s surprisingly good and not corny as I had expected for a hacking show.

Just making a start on Halt And Catch Fire

As a child of the 80s I’ve been loving The Goldbergs which I recently discovered on Hulu. :slight_smile:

Another vote for Stranger Things, fabulous TV if not somewhat predictable. I’ve seen several people liken it to a very long E.T. which I didn’t mind one bit.

Just started watching Mr Robot season 2, though the first two episodes almost made me want to top myself, very depressing I thought. Probably not something to watch when you’re a bit tired because I just found myself falling asleep. Hopefully it picks up a bit.

It does.

I was late to the Blacklist, but am now bingeing on that :). I am addicted. James Spader does a wonderful psychopath.

1 Like

I gave up after 2 episodes as it was so painful to watch

It does get quite a bit better, but quite violent and the “revelation” in eps2.5 is pretty much what you expect but I am certain that there will be some more HUGE twists coming just as there were in the first season where I actually yelled at the screen a couple of times in disbelief … oh and the start of the previous episode is just plain weird and had me quite bewildered as to what I was watching to start with ( spoiler alert: 4:3 aspect ratio and a character whose catch phrase was “haaaa… I kill me!” )

I just finished rewatching Deadwood. Alas it ended too soon and at its peak! Now I’m watching Star Trek Enterprise… about halfway through season 2. Also rewatching Doctor Who (2005) from the start with my wife. Just about halfway through the first season of that too.

1 Like

Same here, I’m rewatching Start Trek TNG, last time I watched it was back on the early 90’s in Poland :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just finished Season 1. Haven’t laughed out loud that much in a long time. Abs got a workout in one episode yesterday! :smiley:

On a flight to Singapore a while ago it was the middle of the night, I’d watched 2 movies and the others didn’t appeal to me so I looked at the TV episodes available.

There were 3 episodes of a US comedy called Mike and Molly which I watched and enjoyed and I told myself I’d have to watch some when I got back home. For quite a while I didn’t, and then I did.

I bought Season 1 on iTunes, then Season 2… now I’m up to Season 5.

Watching an episode fills in 20 spare minutes during my lunch break 2 or 3 days a week :slight_smile:

Designated Survivor on Netflix just started and it’s like the polar opposite to House of Cards with Kiefer Sutherland as a reluctant President. Great pilot. Check it out.

4 Likes

Watched it the other night. Well done. Keifer Sutherland is as good an actor as his dad and I was always a Donald fan. And on that note, if people have not been watching Crossing Lines, they should. Its excellent. Cant wait for the next season (assuming there is one)

This one is biased but on SBS on Demand im watching The Border…pretty good for a foreign TV series :wink:

Well that was short lived, only just made it to the end of the first season and a couple of eps into the second before ditching this… Long winded, schizophrenic, drivel I thought. Although, one can’t deny Remy Malek’s performance as being one of the best.

I loved season 2. Great to see the continued disassociation.

I’ve been enjoying Peaky Blinders lately.
Old era English gangsters, it’s pretty good.

1 Like