TV - What are you watching? - Part 2

(whoops - accidentally deleted my original reply)

Howard on hold for 48 hours for technical support is a real hoot.

Love this series - kind of like “The Young Ones” for the 21st Century.

Holy crap, awesome! I’m also sold.

I’ve just started watching The Leftovers - a fascinating twist on the Rapture, created by Damon Lindelof. And there’s Christopher Eccleston!

Fargo

2 Likes

survivor season 31 over here! tried watching fear the walking dead but couldn’t get into the first ep, seemed to drag unnecessarily. I’ll give it another crack over the holidays though

1 Like

Never miss a season of Survivor, it’s the best :smile:

2 Likes

Cant believe its gone on for as long as it has and i still cant get enough of it!

1 Like

I can’t believe I left Survivor off my list (edited it in now).

This season is turning out very interesting too!

Currently watching The 100. Not sure after that.

I really enjoyed the first few episodes, and the premise a lot.

After about 5 episodes the “teen drama” factor got to me, but not as big a disappointment as something else that happened that made me loose interest (trying to avoid spoilers here…).

I’ve continued on, pretty close to the end of season 2 and I am really enjoying it.

Into the Badlands review: http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/1032363

Just finished Season 2 of The Last Ship. Interesting, gets a bit angsty at times but not a bad theme. (virus killing off worlds population, one US navy ship with brilliant female scientist aboard… you get the idea)

Into the Badlands has been so far so good - storyline is a bit overly melodramatic and chaotic, but the fight scenes make up for it and have been quite good.

I’ve also discovered an upcoming new fantasy series on iTunes that I’ve just subscribed to - surprisingly produced by MTV with executive producer Jon Favreau - called “The Shannara Chronicles” based on the books by Terry Brooks - yes, the one and the same, that I used to read when I was a kid in primary school…

The trailer sold it for me - it’s awesome:

It’s more like Lord of the Rings than Game of Thrones, which is consistent with the novels, which is fantasy, but based on a post-apocalytic world like ours which collapsed, and which turned into a fantasy world far into the future (from my own memories of reading the books as a kid).

First episode is on 5 January - will see how this pans out! I’m spending too much money paying for season passes on iTiunes…

2 Likes

I quite liked Blindspot - Girl is found in Times Square covered in new tattoos that give clues to various crimes etc. Nothing too deep, but a bit of fun. Ash vs The Evil Dead is also a bit of a giggle. I’ve also just started to rewatch Twin Peaks - I don’t know if I’ll bother with season two though!

I’ve stepped back in time and am watching SeaquestDSV and also the original Battlestar Galactica.

1 Like

My sister was mad for Jonathan Brandis back in the day! His life was a bit of a sad story after that show ended :frowning:

Is that the kid? I don’t know the actors names, just the faces. What happened to him?

Yeah the kid. After the show ended and his fame subsided he found it hard to get work and fell into depression and drugs. He finally landed a role in a film that was going to get his name back out there and they ended up cutting his entire scenes. It devastated him and he killed himself not long after.

Thats too sad. He was one of the better actors, I thought. Less wooden than some.