TV - What are you watching? - Part 2

Been having a bit of a catch up session on older TV series now that I can access US Netflix as follows:

• X-Files
  • Dexter
  • Blacklist
  • Alias

along with

• Narcos
  • House of Cards (Kevin Spacey is epically awesome)
  • Jessica Jones

Oh yes, X-Files, me too. I never did see the entire series, but I’ll do it this time. I’ve also begun to rewatch MacGyver with the mullet hairdo. God they were awful.

1 Like

Macgyver? Wow. You must be bored. :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember seeing an old Airwolf and Buck Rogers and wondering what I saw in them as a child

1 Like

Bored to sobs, lately :slight_smile: To the point where I have signed up for Adobe CC again (in spite of having bought a standalone Lightroom) and plan to spend summer re-editing and reorganising photographs. I have too much cruft and it needs to go

What do you all subscribe to? I used to have Netflix and Stan but have since dropped Stan as I hadn’t logged in for a couple of months. I’ve also got a bad habit of getting into stuff that is only on iTunes and that ends up being much more expensive. Thanks to a random episode I saw on a plane I ended up watching all 7 seasons of The Closer over recent months and am ploughing through its spinoff Major Crimes now. It’s not especially fantastic television but I like it as it’s light and doesn’t require too much concentration.

I’m looking forward to the next season of the House of Cards (which does require more concentration). If you don’t mind a less slick production you should also watch the original UK version which I first saw in the 90’s when it came out and watched again recently. It does look a bit dated but it’s just as gripping as the modern US version.

We used to have Foxtel and Netflix and ended up dropping Fox as their content was going downhill and all the packages kept changing which meant we kept loosing channels we watched and gaining others with inane crap on them.

Netflix is tiding us over a lot more than I thought it would, thanks to Getflix though, as I reckon we’d be done with the AU content by now.

1 Like

I have Netflix, Hulu+ without ads and HBO Now. I’m on a 3 month trial of Stan and will probably subscribe to it because I’m really enjoying its exclusive catalogue like the Starz and Amazon shows. I split these with 4 other people though, so the total cost isn’t too bad.

I borrow a DirecTV login from a friend in the US. A stranger’s just a friend you haven’t met :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Netflix and Presto, though the latter is only because I got a free 6-month trial. It won’t be sticking around.

If Hulu got everything we watch in a fairly timely fashion I’d go for it, but since it misses quite a few shows I just pay for usenet instead :stuck_out_tongue:

Streetcar!

1 Like

We’ve got Foxtel, Netflix and CrunchyRoll TV (for our Anime mad daughter) and on free trial for 3 and 6 months are Stan and Presto (due to the Telstra ROKU box we bought, but we’ll drop those 2 when the trials expire).

1 Like

Netflix, and I drop in and out of Stan once every few months.

Contemplating buying Netflix vouchers for those friends who think Foxtel is best.

1 Like

Any of you guys been watching Ash vs Evil Dead? Over the top, b-grade horror television at it’s finest!

Netflix + Getflix + flixsearch.io

Hulu Plus

1 Like

I’m really enjoying Season 2 of Fargo at the moment. The final episode is on Channel BT next week. It’s even better than Season 1, which I figured would be unlikely given how good that was. Far superior to Season 2 of True Detective, which was very disappointing I thought.

Also watching Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Criminal Minds, Elementary and NCIS. Just finished Star Trek Enterprise on Netflix, which was good. Will probably go onto Voyager next.

I use Netflix with uFlix to get US programming. Seems to work OK, though it resets to AU every time my IP address changes, which is far more frequently than I realised; about every 2-3 weeks.

LOL thats part of the reason I have stayed with Exetel, static IP, no fuss. I love Agents of SHIELD, I’ll probably re-watch before long, ditto NCIS. Havent got into Fargo yet, but will, so many people I know recommend it highly.

Watched Zoo on Netflix and its pretty good although it’s probably not to everyone’s taste

I saw the first episode. Weird concept really. Not sure what to think or if I should see the next one.

Been watching the Shannara Chronicles on iTunes. A mix of Hunger Games, Game of Thrones and teen movies. Not sure what to think as yet.

I did see the first season of Dusk till Dawn. Quite an expansion from the movie.

started watching suits just after christmas and didn’t think too much of it at first but i’m hooked!

Saw one scene of Zoo (if it’s the same one that 10 were showing mid- late-last year) and it was laughably bad, even the Mrs, who has a higher tolerance than me just looked at me and said ‘Nope’

Suits is epic, I don’t know how they managed to do it but they’ve turned a story about boring office workers into something compelling.

Although the season before the current one got a bit long in the tooth, the current one is definitely trying to make up for it.

1 Like

Thanks, will check it out tonight.