Don’t get me wrong, I’m not anti-vac I’m anti-flu vac, because its pretty well useless. I’m not a fan of injecting myself with multiple virus strains every year to solve your issues either. That’s a bit selfish actually.
Most doctors don’t bother immunising the young or the middle aged either. Don’t get uppity at me about your life problems please. Yeah its shit but its not my fault either. You need to take ownership of your problems. Infecting myself with random strains of viruses each year just to keep you happy is not what I am here to do.
Sorry if life offends about an ineffective “vaccine.” Make one that actually works. I see lots of long bows and assumptions about myself… so anyway:
- If I’m properly sick I don’t go to work.
- Having been properly sick with infectious bacterial salmonella poisoning I was actually in isolation from everyone else and people basically walked in and out of my room with a breathing apparatus on gloves and a full body suit.
- In that instance I had a case where I developed dysentery as a result, and was told I had a one in ten shot of being dead if I ended up with salmonella sepsis.
- In that instance not even a typhoid shot would have protected me. I had salmonella montevideo, not salmonella typhi, so vaccines themselves aren’t always effective either.
- Yes I know what it means to be “fully sick” no pun intended it sucks.
- My gut bacteria is all sorts of out of order right now and I am still sick as a result almost every other day.
- I know what sick is and when/when not to socialise with other people.
- If you had have told me you were at risk right now I would have told you not to come near me right now actually as I have a nice case of strep throat.
I don’t take kindly to being called an anti-vax nut job, I live in a community which has one of the highest anti-vax proliferations per capita than anywhere else in Australia. I am not anti-vax. I am anti-flu vax, because its pithily worthless.
Until they work out a proper jab for it I’m not interested. If it weren’t a Sunday I’d be in a doctors office with a breathing mask on right now attending to this matter, but what do you know it’s Sunday and I don’t want people who are actually sick in hospital dealing with my sore throat. I feel like I’m digesting razor blades right now, if this offends turn away.
I’m not exactly a happy camper right now.