Watch OS 3

Anyone else managed to get the update yet? And if so, did your install on the watch take for ever? :slight_smile:

I took a punt as I’m overseas and did the installation with the watch morning not plugged in. Still worked. Very minor differences so far haven’t had time to play around yet.

Edit: I meant to post I did the update with initial phase plugged in but with the watch only bit where it goes around in circle unplugged

Mine is available, but I need to wait to be home on power to do it, so probably overnight tonight for me.

Took around an hour for the install for me this morning.

I have completed the update. It took two tries though. The first try it was on the charger for 2 hours and then I got an error message that the download was interrupted (which meant I had to do the download again!).

The second try took a few hours to re-download, and then about 45 minutes to install.

I ended up taking my charger to work and doing it there, so good so far. Dock’s still a little bit to get used to, Breathe works good. Can see myself using that throughout the day.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Remote app? I can’t change the AirPlay speaker for iTunes anymore… :frowning:

Actually, I thought it took longer than that :triumph:
(forever, from 1st post…)

If you go to iTunes Home Sharing (under Settings - Music or Video) are you still signed in there?

Yeh. Could skip and pause/play. Turns out a device restart fixed it.

I was surprised with how long the update took! Roughly a 500mb download, then transfer/install to the watch took more than 2 hours… granted this was on WatchOS3 launch day.

1 Like

I reckon the Taptic feedback isn’t as strong on my Watch Series 0 black sport after the update. Others thoughts?

Haven’t noticed it myself, probably been on OS3 for too long to remember if it was stronger before. Does switching on prominent feedback make a difference for you?

I thought it might just be me. Obviously not.
I don’t really feel a difference between the haptic strength settings whereas previously there was a significant difference between settings. I’ve had to switch on Prominent Haptic to tell the difference between say my watch catching on my shirt sleeve and a notification.

1 Like

The haptic feedback is definitely less prominent. I guess it was to save some battery life.

The level of feedback I get is still fine though.

Has anyone else experienced this with Watch OS3 which now has Find my friends.
When you ask Siri on your watch to find one of your friends, it says “Use your iPhone, Continue on iPhone”, even though the app is on the watch and can find them?

Apart this from odd anomaly loving the new software, just wish more of the third party apps were updated for OS3.

Asking Siri to “use find my friends to find person x” tells me to open on my iPhone, but it will open the watch app if you ask “open find my friends” then you can just select who you’re wanting to find.

Another thing I really like about watchOS 3 for us Series 0 plebs is that you can scribble messages and have them sent as text. Voice to text was pretty cool in previous versions was pretty cool and all, and it’s not as personal as sending a voice message, but scribbling messages out letter by letter makes me feel all future-like.

3 Likes