Wednesday Morning News

Apple’s market cap hit $700 billion yesterday, which is almost more money than anyone can possibly imagine. Seriously, it’s a lot — and as MacRumors notes, it means Apple’s market cap has doubled since Tim Cook was named CEO in 2011. Despite issues with iCloud. Despite software quality taking a recent decline. In spite of everything that’s happened, Apple is…

Originally published at: http://appletalk.com.au/2014/11/wednesday-morning-news261114/

I see on the Tapbots blog they are working on Tweetbot 3 for iPad. The only reason I still use Tweetbot over the Twitter app is because it syncs the last read position. Like you said, there’s diminishing returns investing in Twitter clients these days so I get it but I can’t say I was impressed to see them prioritise Calcbot. Just what the App Store needs…another calculator app.

I have a scratched screen. :cry:

It’s the oleophobic coating I’m sure of it. I’ve bitched about it before on here saying what good are the future sapphire screens if they have this coating on top. When was the last time you scratched your kitchen window or your windscreen? Probably never. It’s the coating.

I dunno, haven’t they had oleophobic coatings since the 4? I’ve never had a scratched screen before, and I’ve never used a screen protector.

Yeah I dunno…I’m just up on my soap box again :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, my local Apple reseller has an iPhone 6 which has a serious scratch through it. Ordinarily iPhones have been really difficult to scratch, but this one got a scratch in a day or so… Looks really bad.

I try to always keep my iPhone screen facing my body in my top pocket when I’m not using it. Seemed to have avoided any nasty scratches over the years doing that.