Wednesday Morning News

The first Apple Watch software update has been released by Apple. Watch OS 1.0.1 brings minor improvements, in the grand scheme of things, but it comes less than a month after the public release of the Apple Watch. There’s a bullet point in the changelog which mentions improved performance for measuring stand activity, which hopefully means you won’t be bugged…

Originally published at: http://appletalk.com.au/2015/05/wednesday-morning-news200515/

It was kind of a pain in the ass. Hopefully future updates are less slow and less picky about being attached to the charger.

This thing is weird on two fronts. Number one, Apple have basically lost this space to third-party docks (Twelve South’s Hi-Rise, in particular), and two, Apple’s dock looks like it would put a lot of stress on the Lightning port.

Yeah, normally I’d be all over the official iPhone dock but I’m not too keen on picking one up this time around. My Belkin Lightning dock still does the job well, works just fine with any not-too-bulky case.