My list is rather eclectic!
- The Archers - the world’s longest running radio drama. It’s an acquired taste, but I grew up listening to it in the UK and got into the podcast again 4-5 yrs ago.
- Great Lives - interesting discussions about a famous life
- The History Hour - history, sometimes interesting sometimes not.
- Food Programme - Food, cooking, restaurants…
- The Kitchen Cabinet - panel show about food and cooking…
I listen to TGIF live on the way home sometimes, and listen to the podcast if I miss the radio show. I’ll miss my weekly dose of Safran and Father Bob when Sunday Night Safran finishes.
- Thank God it’s Friday
- Sunday Night Safran
99pi is probably my favourite podcast. If you’re at all nerdy you MUST watch Roman Mars’ flag podcast that he did as part of the TED Talks. I’ve just watched this again as I type this, still brilliant.
- 99% Invisible
- Fugitive Waves
I listen to all of the Planet Money podcasts as they’re only 15-20mins normally, but only the American Life ones I think I’ll find interesting. Serial was great and can’t wait for series 2.
- This American Life
- Planet Money
I got into these through Startup. They’re pretty good, great production values and interesting stories, but I find Startup itself a bit annoying these days as they can be pretty naive from a business perspective.
- Reply All
- Mystery Show
- Surprisingly Awesome
- DumTeeDum (Podcast about the Archers, see above)
- Undisclosed: The Stave Vs Adnan Syed (Podcast about the case in the first series of Serial. Interesting but a bit long winded and biased)
- The View from 22 (UK Politics)
- News in Slow Japanese (I’m learning Japanese, they take a short news report, play it at native speed, then read it slowly)
- Stuff You Should Know (sometimes interesting, sometimes seriously annoying)
I used to listen to more tech shows but they gradually stopped. I was friends with the people behind Aussie Geek Podcast but that stopped a couple of years ago, and I enjoyed Cameron Reilly’s The Podcast Network shows too, but he’s since closed up shop.
[quote=“Erwin, post:18, topic:900”]
When do you guys find time to listen to podcasts?
[/quote] I don’t listen to every episode, I’m quite quick to cull something I’m not interested in, but I try to walk for 30mins most days and listen then, plus if there’s nothing on TV I’ll listen to something. Once in a while I’ll listen at work.
I do this too. Do you listen on an iPhone? It’s annoying the sleep timer seems to be broken since ios 9