Whats happened to the daily News?

Whats happened to the daily News hasn’t been updated in 17 days ?

1 Like

Yep, I’ve stopped doing it.

Consider the news to be on permanent hiatus.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the news over the years bennyling.

I follow @osxdaily and @macDailyNews on Twitter.

4 Likes

Thanks for all your work on the news bennyling. Your huge effort over the years was really appreciated.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the shoes over the years Benny, unfortunately I can see how over the years, the death of forums, except the major ones, has led to a state where community teams are no longer interested in fully investing in the community.

I blame Facebook.

Wait, who said anything about no longer being interested in fully investing in the community? Au contraire, getting back 1-2 hours a day to work on AppleTalk is great.

4 Likes

Thanks @bennyling for all the time you put into news over the years. Towards the end of MacTalk I dabbled in doing the occasional news piece and I found it such an effort - so I lift my hat to you for doing it for so long and so well!

3 Likes

Thanks bennyling for all the work with the News over the years.

2 Likes

I always thought about the amount of work it must take - I always thought a weekly wrap up would be less hassle. I mean taking into account you’re probably reading news sites anyway.

1 Like

I am sad, but appreciate all the time you put in for the news, Benny. It was the only Apple-related site I read on a daily basis (besides Daring Fireball). Cheers.

2 Likes

Benny - thank you so much for all the years of news, you always have a great way of cutting straight to the relevant, interesting, and informative parts amidst so much noise. I think I read every single Apple News post on AppleTalk, and so many on MacTalk. Thanks so much for each and every one (there must have been be hundreds over the years). Happy (news) retirement! :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your efforts over the years @bennyling. Its been the first Website I load getting into work each morning !

3 Likes

Yeah - for me too. This is the only site (aside from Reddit) that I went to for Apple news. Sad to see it go!

1 Like

I’ve been on leave so haven’t been on for a week or so - thanks Benny for the news - maybe we can set up an RSS type plugin that can automate the news posts for you?