Why can't we be better than this?

We have on this planet enough resources to feed, clothe, shelter, educate and train every human being.

And instead we do this:

We do this:

And a million other things that we do that we just shouldn’t, needn’t.

Why can’t we be better?

I know every day many of us humans are better, yet we still see this.

1 Like

I weep with you buddy. :confused:

To answer the question, it depends on your worldview I guess. Mine tells me that we should try to be self-less every day, in a world that teaches us to be self-centered.

In 30-50 years, our generation will be the generation that grand kids look at and say “how could you possibly have acted that way”… just as I looked at my grandparents generation and ask “how could you possibly have been that sexist/racist?”

All we can do as ordinary people is be the best we’re able to be, help others where there’s an opportunity, and commit random acts of kindness.

Here’s one opportunity right here: https://www.asrc.org.au/donate-now/

2 Likes

Which reminds me: back in the day, at another site (cough cough), there used to be a group of members who helped to fund small business around the world through Kiva. I’m sure there are people, like me, who are still part of Kiva.
It’s not an answer to cosmic’s cry of anguish, and I don’t know how to answer his cry any better than jaysee or tintinaujapon, but tintinaujapon has made one suggestion, and Kiva is another.

1 Like