Your Photography Thread

Their venom kill you, but I think they’re far from harmless. You’d know about it if one bit you.

Harmless as it won’t kill you. “The bite causes local pain, redness, and blisters that normally disappear within a 24-hour interval”

Probably one of the most painful bites I’ve had in a long time, ‘local pain’ just made me chuckle, felt more like my arm was going to catch fire and drop off.

1 Like

I haven’t done this either so I don’t know the pain first hand, but you’ve never come into contact with a stonefish or scorpionfish have you?

Nope, I’m guessing they’re pretty bad too?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Uploading images from iPad into Discourse

Haven’t done it, but I’ve known of people who’ve had a limp for up to six months afterwards.

Here’s another one of mine from earlier in the year. Don’t find anywhere as much time to go out shooting as much as I used to, hope fully over Christmas I can get away for a bit and indulge

Lunch Bar by Oliver Andrews, on Flickr

2 Likes

I really just wanted to post my mini cicada. I’ve never seen one so small, it was about 2" or less from head to wingtips

1 Like

And my agapanthus, processed in a multiplicity of iPad apps, but mostly Snapseed

Kyte, does Snapseed have a Photos extension at all?

Took this on Saturday night from the Mount Gravatt Lookout.

2 Likes

Not yet. But it’s been a while since the last update, so maybe in future. GEt it anyway, it’s free (annoying. I paid for it, and for the desktop version that Google killed off)

Looks good, but got murdered by JPEG artifacts or is it my POS monitor?

Did a Christmas photo with my two girls which was about as easy as drinking soup with chopsticks. I set up a flash with a soft box, got them to sit down and took two photos before they left and wouldn’t let me have another go so I’m surprised it came out looking half decent. Would have liked to have a couple more goes to perfect some of the lighting but it wasn’t meant to be.

1 Like

It is little a bit noisy, but it doesn’t look terrible. I was pushing the ISO up a fair bit (got few taken at 32000 and 64000). Still in the testing phase with this camera at the moment.

Have they got burnout? They’ve been well photographed over the past months :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spotted this hanging off an agapanthus in the rain, the other day. Spider is hiding, as you would.

Not a photo, but I’ve been working on this video for a little while…

4 Likes

Good collection of clips.:grinning:

What drone/camera ar you using.

It may be vimeo but some of the aqua/ green colours seem oversaturated on my monitor

1 Like

I think it may be your monitor! On all three I have checked it on they’re perfect :smile:

But thanks for the feedback - I’m using a DJI Phantom 3 advanced. Shooting at 2.7k.