Adobe Acrobat Floating Download Window

This window keeps appearing on my desktop. There is no way to close it. I don’t want to install it as I don’t trust it and can’t find out anything about it.
01%20pm

Shutting down is the only way to get rid of it nor can it be dragged out of the way.

Do I need it? If I do I’d download it from Adobe’s official site.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

I have no idea, I’ve never used Acrobat. Might be a good idea to go to the adobe site and grab it, install it, and see if the window pops up again. If its a genuine Adobe requestor, it wont, it will be happy you updated. If you have acrobat on board, you should open it ad look for a check for updates, see if thats whats going on. Do that before you hit the adobe site, you might save a bit of time.

I’d run a virus scanner. Strongly suspect you do NOT want to install what it’s offering, and you want o remove it. As Kyte said, if you want to install Acrobat head to Adobe and download there.

Malwarebytes, Avast, Avira, etc… good idea.

Thanks for the replies. It only seems to appear after I’ve opened a PDF.

I’ve removed Adobe as the default PDF reader and substituted Preview for all similar documents. Now I’ll uninstall Acrobat Reader. It’s been in the computer forever. I probably don’t need any Adobe apps now that the version of Photoshop I have is no longer supported.
if anyone knows why I should keep any, please let me know.
Thanks for the input.

The window can’t be closed by selecting ‘Quit’ but it responds to ‘Force quit’.

Just ran a Norton Scan, again. It still doesn’t report any problems.

I’v got rid of everything Adobe, even my stand alone Lightroom6. If you want a decent photo editor, stick with a combination of Photos and something like Acorn. its on the App store, but you can get a free trial to test it out at their website: Acorn 7 | Full Featured Photo Editor for the Mac

I’m weeding out Adobe, too. Yesterday I went on a java hunt. Just hope I don’t toss anything that’s needed. Guess I can D/L it again if so.
Thanks for the info on Acorn. Photos meets my rudimentary needs but I’ll check out Acorn.
I’ve used AppCleaner on a few items but it doesn’t seem to stick around and has to be D/L each time. I’ll bookmark it for quick access.

That’s sorted.It’s in Applications now