Anyone ever get an urge to buy an iPad?

The A14X in the next iPad Pro looks like outclassing last gen i9.

1 Like

I heard about that, I canā€™t wait to get my hands on it

Yep same, tempted by the latest iPad, but will wait on the next ā€˜proā€™.

Which would be perfect if they let the iPad run macOS and real applications now that they are moving to their own siliconā€¦ I can dream right?

Apple seem to be moving towards making Mac OS more like iOS than the other way around, I just hope that they donā€™t dumb down Mac OS to far during that process.

Your move, iPad.

2 Likes

That whole article seems to say it wants all these thingsā€¦ but really, just let the iPad Proā€™s ran MacOS. Done.

Iā€™ve said it before, even if it has to be a completely sandboxed app it would make the iPad Pro a real Pro tool. It has the power and makes even more sense as Apple move to their own silicon for the Mac.

At $1,599 the 256GB MacBook Air only just above the 11" iPad Pro ($1,499) and cheaper than the 13" 256GB ($1,819) and it would make the ā€œProā€ models so much more compelling if they are the only ones with that extra functionality (and maybe a spare USB port or two).

I wonder if it would also drive people to upgrade their computer more often than they do iPads or MacBooks?

Give us a cellular connected iPad Pro than can also run MacOS and I reckon it would sell out immediately.

1 Like

I would have upgraded my iPad but the lack of Faceid was a deal breaker.
Will wait on the iPad Pro upgrade next year.

My son broke my iPad about 3 years agoā€¦ and whilst Iā€™ve thought of getting another, so far I make do with my iPhone.

I was only really using it for playing games, and in the kitchen ie watch something whilst doing dishes, or to help with cooking (great as a chopping board, har har).

1 Like

Iā€™m changing jobs early next year (long story) and I know that with my current employer I can salary package an iPad. What Iā€™m not sure of yet is if I can salary package an iPad with my next employer. If I canā€™t, then I would definitely consider getting an iPad (not a Pro model though).

Salary packaging equates to roughly about a 30-35% discount.