Apple Home app & scenes

I’ve had a HomePod mini for several months, and recently added a LIFX mini globe.

Beyond creating a scene to have this turn on/off when I arrive or leave home, I have not managed to work much else out.

For example, can I add a time component, so the light only turns on after dark when returning home? I have not found such options in the Home app??

In terms of just playing around, is possible to have my AppleTV similarly turn on when arriving home (it will turn on when I ask Siri, though its a bit hit and miss (more miss) in terms of starting/restarting playing something.

As an extension, could I create a scene called bedtime (or ask/tell Siri) in which the light and Apple TV turn off? I could also use this to turn on a different LIFX mini in the bedroom? So three things with one command/in one ‘scene’?

Interest in what others have set-up and their experiences…

You should check out Home automations. In the, you know, Home app.

With automations, you can trigger an accessory or scene based on the time of day, your location, sensor detection and more. Create an automation that triggers your “I’m Here” scene when someone in your family arrives home. Or set all of the lights in a room to turn on when a motion sensor detects movement. Use the following steps to create an automation on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.

1 Like