Facebook Security Query

I hope some knowledgeable person on here can help me with this. I don’t use Facebook but my wife does for her small business. She makes dog treats which she sells at local markets. My wife is a technophobe but all the markets use Facebook extensively so she really needs to have a page.

Anyway, she has received an email & a notification on her Facebook page which I think is dodgy. It is from a mob calling themselves Social Network Registry Corporation. It says: “Your page has been detected for activity that goes against Facebook Page’s policies regarding copyright infringement.” It then asks to click on a link to verify her account or it may be disabled etc.

Like I said this seems dodgy to me. If there was a problem I would expect Facebook to contact her. Anyway, if anyone can shed any light on this I would be grateful. Thanks in advance…

Scam. Delete and move on. If her page had been reported, Facebook would likely temporarily suspend the page and require her to resolve the matter.
For example: https://www.facebook.com/help/185747581553788/

Yes, I thought so!

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

The name - Social Network Registry Corporation - draws some flags on Google, with people saying it’s a scam…

Of course its a scam. If Facebook had an issue, it would be they sending warning notices, not some other random mob who are hoping to scoop up the people who are naive to the scams which abound on facebook.