HomePod Mini

Is there a decent Program guide as well? I have not yet found one, I was using my FetchTV guide on the phone.

I use the Freeview iPad/iPhone app as a TV guide

I also use the FreeView iOS app, or in a browser, https://freeview.com.au/tv-guide

Thanks guys, I’ll check it out

I didn’t get the original as you couldn’t simply use it as a Bluetooth speaker, which was annoying. Obviously Apple trying to force you through the paid streaming services.

Is the mini any different? Can I connect to my phone and stream anything I want??

You can connect your phone to it and stream anything you want, but it’s no different to the normal HomePod in that respect. The HomePod mini still appears as an audio output device that you can choose to route audio to, just like the normal sized HomePod.

Curious to know as to what you’re trying to stream?

Tunein, Podcasts, music in my music app included own ripped CD’s and records etc. HomePod will stream all that via Bluetooth?

No, HomePod will stream all of that via AirPlay. Wi-Fi, not Bluetooth.

Cheers, yes that’s fine. As long as it streams it anything, not fussed as to how.

1 Like

Just a heads up for anyone who has ordered them through Telstra Rewards, I spoke with customer support through iMessage and although my orders were put through relatively quickly they said mine are on back-order and guessed that a next batch would be available near the end of January but also said that can’t be guaranteed either.

In for a fairly long wait, but at least they’re not costing me anything :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I placed an order for a white one to collect from Chaddy today. Seems Apple are playing the ‘drip feed the company owned retail stores stock before xmas’ game as usual. Can be reserved online then picked up.