iOS 13 red “dots” missed call not disappearing

How come the red “dots” are not disappearing straight away, sometimes takes a full day for the missed calls red dot alert to disappear

1 Like

Yep. Same for my wife.
Such a buggy release this year!

3 Likes

Yes same here :frowning:

1 Like

Awesome :slight_smile: also when my phone is locked or unlocked am I receive an email I used to click/touch on the alert that pops up and the Apple mail would jump straight into that email and open it…now, inbox only baby :wink: absolute rubbish.

Thank you gentlemen

1 Like

I’m still on 12.4.1 and happy with that decision every time I read something like this.

2 Likes

I would have thought by the 4th update to iOS 13 that things would be stable, seems like 13.2 might be the update to wait for.

From what I’ve read 13.2 is getting rushed out in time for the new beat headphones and all sorts of issues are still there. Maybe 13.3?

1 Like

How times change. I remember waiting to get my copy of Tiger (mac, of course, it was well before any iphone) and it was quite mature at release. Now its all about getting it out there no matter what. I dont get many calls so had not noticed the dots issue but it doesnt surprise me.

I’ve left my new Air 10.5 on 12.4, because my Air2 on 13.1.3 is a dogs breakfast. I was intending to sell the Air2 but dont feel I can, yet.

1 Like

I’m actually at the point I regret getting my wife an iPhone 11 as it forced the iOS13 upgrade. She’s having all sorts of issues with watch OS 6 too.

I think I’ll be in iOS 12 / watchOS 5 until at least Christmas. Too much on with work to risk it being unreliable. This is definitely the buggiest release cycle in years.

2 Likes

Well, 13.2 has dropped, and as usual, I updated the device thats least important, first… that was the Air2 which has display issues in Safari. And, no changes. So I’ll leave the new Air on 12.4 and wait even longer. Havent done the iPhone yet, and unlike every other update in the past, from the original iphone onwards, I do not give a rats if it never gets done. Just don’t care.

1 Like

I’m about to update my iPad Pro… I’ve had so many problems with 13.1.x - the most annoying is that intermittently the apps in the ‘recent’ part of the dock don’t open the app when tapped on. Also annoying is that my Apple Smart Keyboard will intermittently not work requiring disconnecting and reconnecting, mail issues etc.

Such a shame after the stability of iOS 12.

1 Like

I thought mail couldn’t get any worse, but now there is a 5 second lag between opening mail and my messages showing up…

Wouldn’t have thought mail would be a hard application to keep stable Apple -_-

1 Like

Hopefully no one updated their HomePods today (it bricks them). Apple has already pulled 13.2 for them.

Can iOS 13 get any worse? Can Apple ever be relied on again to release stable software?

3 Likes