iPad Pro, disable shutter sound

I recently restored my iPad Pro, after having initially set it up as a copy of my Phone (I wanted to get rid of all the apps I didn’t use).

I not have the shutter sound whenever I take screenshots, and can’t remember how to disable this. And all of my searches on the innertubes have been fruitless (most refer to the iPhone mute button).

Anyone able to remind me how to do this?

Thx

I’ve owned an iPad for less than 2 weeks so I’m no expert. I just took some photos on my iPad Air and there was no shutter sound, fairly sure I did not specifically configure anything for that.

Live Photo OFF, Silent Mode OFF, Volume ON, but no shutter sound.

Adjust the shutter volume

Adjust the volume of the camera shutter sound using the volume buttons on the side of your iPad. Or, when Camera is open, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to open Control Center, then drag the volume slider.

From Apple:

Mute the shutter sound using the volume buttons or the Ring/Silent switch, if your iPad has one.

The shutter doesn’t make a sound when Live Photos the Live Photos button is turned on.

Note: In some countries or regions, muting is disabled.

My comment was going to be - was this purchased new in Australia, or was it from Kogan/etc, who bring in overseas models, which may be hardcoded not to allow it to be silent… (though presumably you had it silent before…)

Maybe it’s the Live Photos setting?

Thanks.

Live photo’s is on and there is no shutter sound when taking photos.

It’s just screen shots, even when the volume is down to mute… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

It is very annoying…

(Australian iPad Pro, no silent switch)

Sorry mis-read your original post!

So it’s just the screen shots… not sure about that.

Apparently it was an option under the Sound control panel… but looking at my iPhone at least - it’s not on there now…

Sorry, I missed where you said screenshots rather than photos. I have the answer.

On your iPad, go to Settings - Control Centre, make sure Silent Mode is in the list of Included Controls.

Now swipe down to access your Control Centre:
Alarm enabled - screenshots make a sound
Alarm disabled - screenshots do not make a sound

1 Like

Thank you! I also worked out if ‘ringer and lefts’ under sound is slid all the way to the left it seems to have the same effect.

What is a little interesting, I don’t have silent mode enabled on my phone and there are not screenshot sounds…