Loyalty cards in Apple Wallet

I am a huge fan of digital wallets so have been eager for a long time to add whatever I can. I just got an email from Grill’d that their Relish membership card now be added into Apple Wallet. They updated their app two days ago but I don’t see anywhere within the app to save the card to Apple Wallet, it would appear it can only be done via the link in the email:

grilld

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that after being a thing for so long, many big companies just don’t bother with it.

One of the reasons I prefer Woolworths to Coles is their adoption of Apple Wallet. Woolworths has their Rewards Card not only in apple wallet, but as full-blown Apple Pay.

Coles doesn’t have an Apple Pay Flybuys card, the problem is they don’t even have a basic pass for Apple Wallet that you can scan the barcode from. They’ve had plenty of time, they’re just clearly not interested. I’ve had to resort to making my own pass.

1 Like

I have a Coles Fly Buys card in my Apple Wallet ( as well as the Woolworths rewards one). I think they do have one.

1 Like

Oh wow, I wonder when that was added. Can’t have been too long ago, I asked and checked for years with zero result.

I’ve now gone and set mine up but found a pretty weird downside. While the pass is added to your iPhone and your watch, you cannot use the pass on the watch. When you open it, it’s useless. No QR code.

Which is bizarre because it’s entirely possible for them to have done it and easily so, I’ve been using a pass on my watch I made myself for it and it’s worked a treat.

So I either keep both passes so I can still use my Apple Watch, or just keep using the pass I made myself. I don’t get why they wouldn’t have bothered with it.

Yeah Flybuys added it in June https://tapdownunder.com.au/2021/06/flybuys-adds-official-apple-wallet-support/

2 Likes

For now I can’t use it because it doesn’t support the Apple Watch. The pass appears on Apple Watch, but you literally cannot use it.

So for now I’ll have to wait until they add that support, assuming they ever do