Mac OS 14 Sonoma

I just upgraded to 14.1 from Ventura on my M1 MBP, so far so good, definitely the optimisations made are noticeable, I’ll try on my 2016 MBP which is like a new machine since Apple replaced the logic board when they broke it when they went to install a new battery in it.

How do I turn off that [extreme cursing] automatic resizing function. I NEVER want a window to expand. EVER. I want to minutely adjust the exact size via the corner or side resizing and Sonoma won’t let me. It makes it impossible to put two windows side by side for data comparison.

EDIT: Sonoma hates my Razer mouse. It’s too fast for Sonoma. My old Mighty Mouse works just fine, but is even worse for my wrist than the Razr.

@richard and @Oldmacs … well, I took the plunge and decided to OCLP my 2012 MBP. According to all wisdom it should have worked, but it didn’t. I followed instructions and nothing happened. I’m going to have another go, later. Recommendation for which OS to put on this old machine?

I would just install Sonoma. What’s the point of going to all this trouble if you’re not going to run the latest OS. There has been some problems with the latest minor Sonoma update apparently. I’m not going to do any more updates on my old MBP until 14.4 is out & there is an OCLP update. I can let you know when that is if you like.

1 Like

What part did you get stuck on?

Personally I’d stick with Ventura for the moment.

Why is that?

As far as the actual system goes, there is very little difference between Ventura and Sonoma.

In my experience it’s a bit more stable and runs better on older machines.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try again later this weekend. Though I am seriously considering getting rid of it, the white Macbook, the 2012 Mac Mini, the ipad air 3… and replacing them all with one device. I have too much “stuff” here.