Sep 2018 Preorder Thread

I’m probably going to keep my Series 1 for when I’m working in the garden etc. or doing something I don’t want to ding up my new stainless one for, so I’ll set up as a second watch in the App which supports it. I’ve previously had multiple watches at the same time and it works really well.

And the watch is here.:grinning:

now comes the “fun part”

And the box is different to earlier versions. Does Apple do this for any particular reason; to differentiate series, to save shipping costs or just because they can?

1 Like

Loving the watch so far. Set up as a new one with my old band (still sad Apple won’t release a brown sport band!).

FAAAAST compared to the Series 1 I was coming from.

2 Likes

Are you finding installing apps is really slow. It did a fresh install, which was less than 15 minutes. However installing some previously purchased apps is taking forever. The Apple Store app won’t even start to load. Maybe Apple servers are being slammed yet again

I don’t use apps on Watch… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Got my XS Max today and went to the Chermside Apple Store and picked up an S4 Watch! Everything is amazing!

3 Likes

Yeah, apps are installing really slowly for me. This wouldn’t be so much of a problem if I could do something else, but I can’t even setup Watch faces without my favourite complications, so looks like I’ll have to wait.

Just unboxed my new shiny Series 4, and besides apps installing really slowly, it is incredible. I’m almost in disbelief at how big of an upgrade this is from a Series 0, although that’s probably to be expected given how many generations I’ve just jumped.

Interesting to note that although the Series 4 is thinner than the previous gen, the Series 0/1 are still thinner (10.7mm for Series 4, 10.5mm for Series 0). Side-by-side it’s easy to notice the difference, but I suspect I’ll get used to the extra 0.2mm thickness.

The overall size, on the other hand, might take a little more to get used to, and although I’m a fan of larger watches, any larger would would probably start to enter uncomfortable territory.

1 Like

Again, didn’t preorder, but I’ve decided I’m going to grab a Series 4 44mm Watch tomorrow- assuming there’s still stock kicking around at JB. I forgot to take the gift cards into work with me today. Such a sucker for marketing. I don’t need it. Now I just need to decide if stainless is worth the extra few hundred…

I upgraded from a Series 0 too - the difference is absolutely incredible! I am not used to things loading instantly on my wrist :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I upgraded from a Series 0 last year to a Series 3 and again today to a Series 4 and the difference between the 3 and 4 is amazing. Love the larger screen. Can’t wait to try it at the gym tomorrow.

2 Likes

Apps still hadn’t installed overnight, so I rebooted both phone + watch and now apps install in seconds. Worth a shot if you’re still having issues :+1:

1 Like

I preordered the 512gb gold iPhone XS. Because of a mistake Telstra made, I’ll be waiting for who knows how long to get my phone for the first time since ever owning an iPhone in 2009. Not happy.

I would be heavily expressing that to Telstra. Who knows they might actually give you something to go away.

Cancel order and go to AppleStore? They can do Telstra contracts can’t they?

1 Like

I have but they don’t seem willing at this point. Really disappointed.

They can, however I’d still have same issue as now because I’d have to start the whole process again and go to back of queue

Try Check iPhone Availability - Apple at 6am each day.

A Twitter account called @rh_monitorAU used to tweet availability as it happened, but I’m not sure it is anymore.

Still, a good way to skip the queue.

1 Like

I was at the Chermside Apple Store on Saturday afternoon around 2pm and there was no queue and people were getting iPhones and leaving with them pretty quick. Give it a go, you may be surprised!

Unfortunately Apple stores don’t do ‘re-contracting/new phone feeling/swap assure’ 12 months into a contract. Last I checked with Apple, they only do new contracts at the end of the 24 months

2 Likes

Yes they do, I reserved a phone for pickup for my sister and she did new phone feeling (Telstra) at the Apple Store when she went to collect it

3 Likes

Yes they do, I did it last year with my 8 Plus halfway into a 7 Plus contract.

1 Like