Spring Loaded Apple Event, April 20th, 2021

I’m starting to think along the same lines and as the cost of 4k TVs has reduced considerably, its not beyond the bounds of possibility that I will get one. As long as I can get one thats relatively small, because my tv area is tiny, like the rest of the house.

Once you go below a certain size, there’s minimal point going 4k unless you’re basically sitting on top of it. You can use a calculator and the charts at TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science - RTINGS.com to find the size/distance that suits your room.

1 Like

Thanks for that link! Some interesting info there.

Ive got a small lounge room, and my 55” 4K TV connected to the ATV, is fab!

1 Like

I’d love a big one but the room is really small. Lounge area (its lounge dining combined) is probably 8x10’. I’m going to go 43 (my current is 32 and still in really good shape for an old one)

The thing is though, with those smaller sizes you might not be able to fully perceive 4K but there is a big difference between 1080p and 4k - ie you might get the advantage of 2K, and it will look better than 1080p even if you’re not perceiving the entire 4K.

1 Like

Maybe for you youngins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve decided to upgrade from my AppleTV4 to the new 4k. It will bring the purchase of a new TV closer, I’ve been mizzling about it for the last couple of years. Time to make a decision.

1 Like

Makes little sense for Apple to continue selling the Apple TV HD. Do people want to save $40 so badly?

HD - A8, Wi-Fi 5, BT 4, HDMI 1.4
4K - A12, Wi-Fi 6, BT 5, HDMI 2.1

1 Like

They’ve probably still got a boatload of stock

1 Like

In two minds about buying the new Siri remote. I have no interest to upgrade my 2017 Apple TV 4K, and the new remote costs ~30% of the new Apple TV. Maybe a future 7th gen ATV will include Find My support. Anyway, I might be upgrading my MBP and iPhone this year so I will probably save my pennies for the time being.

I’ve twice had the new AppleTV in my cart and twice removed it. I guess I’m not that convinced.