Th Frustration of stalled updates

I got new “feet” for my 2015 MacBook Pro from iFixit a couple of weeks ago but I’ve been too busy playing with my new Mac mini to fit them yet…

I think I have a set of feet (maybe only two feet?) in a drawer for a machine I don’t have anymore.

1 Like

I recently came across the spare massive heat sinks for my wonky G5 Power Mac, that itself went out years ago…

For some reason the feet that I thought I ordered, and the disk doubler, disappeared from my order (as in not sent)… I’ll send you a PM

From iFixit? That’s pretty poor service! Did you contact them?

Nope, because it looks like I didnt actually order them. I was sure i had, have not been charged for them. I will order soonish

I just finished replacing the feet on my MacBook Pro. The hardest part was cleaning the old sticky off. While I had the bottom off I gave it a good cleanup and replaced the thermal paste also. The amount of dust & crap in it was unbelievable. And the thermal paste looked pretty ordinary too…

LOL! Gmta. I have just finished feet, RAM and Ssd . Now I have to clone the ext drive to the ssd and i will be done. I hear ua about the crap… so much dust and dirt in the fans. All clean now

That’s great that you got all that done too. It’ll be much better with the SSD & RAM.

While I was mucking around with stuff thought I’d get the old Pismo out! :crazy_face:
This thing hasn’t been turned on for about 9 years I reckon!!! Booted straight up into OS X Tiger. Boots straight into OS 9.2.2 also. I saw a guy on YouTube not long ago who had a Wall Street & had got a USB & Bluetooth card for it. I managed to get one a couple of weeks ago & it works great. No wireless internet unfortunately. Probably can get a card for that also but don’t know if I’ll bother. Saw another guy who put a mSATA SSD in a pismo too. They’re pretty cheap actually. Might think about that…