The New AppleTV+ Service

Maybe before I’m dead Shudder will be available in Australia.

From wikipedia, “Shudder is subscription video on demand service featuring horror, thriller and supernatural fiction titles owned and operated by AMC Networks.”

1 Like

Watched For All Mankind, was v/good. But like all things space so knew I’d like that. Thought I’d watch a few Eps of Morning Show, but to my surprise I’m find that pretty interesting!

I suppose not surprising both are high-class production, what you get if you spend billions. Anything else people liked?

I quite liked “See”, and Dickinson isnt bad but I havent watchd it all. Started watching Defending Jacob, too… not sure about that one.
Agree re for all Mankind.

However, all that said, I wont resubscribe because its not worth the dollars spent. Yet.

Yes just not enough content to keep you busy more than two weeks.
The roll out is not as glacial as Apple Maps feature improvements for example, but still, if you aren’t buying in someone else’s portfolio, you really have to produce a lot of content to keep people subscribing.

The coming series “Foundation” based on Asimov’s work could be worth a look, in time. I think I’ll wait til the first season is released (I bet it gets dripfed to us, like the others) and complete, and then take a month to see it.

1 Like

Foundation is an amazing sci fi series of books by Asimov. Let’s hope they do it justice on the small screen.

1 Like

Still can’t believe that Freeview withdrew from the Apple TV app store. Would be good if Apple worked with local free-to-air stations in each jurisdiction to create a single repository for a program guide.

It is an amazing sc fi series. All time great sci fi books for mine.

It isn’t out until next year though. I reckon if Apple starts charging there will be a mass exodus, maybe popping back in for a month when this is available. Multiple weeks go by before there is anything new to watch.

Yes, hopefully they might give another free subscription with the iPhone 12!

But yes, like the other subscription services we will just go in for a month or two when there is something to watch, and then cancel it again.

Shudder is finally available in AU and NZ. Stream via browser or iOS / Apple TV app.

7 day free trial, AU $7 pcm or AU $70 pa ($5.83 pcm) via website. Subscription also available through iTunes for AU $9.49 pcm. You would break even monthly if you could get vouchers discounted by 26.4%, and annually with a 38.5% discount.