Updating to iOS15?

I have a couple of very minor gripes with iOS 15.

One of the shortcuts I created that takes webpage URL and saves it to a Dropbox file needed to be re-created with a new iOS 15 Dropbox action, otherwise it would pop-up a message asking for permissions to access Dropbox every time (and the “allow always” option didn’t work for some reason)

The new Focus feature is great and all, but it requires both a little thinking about what you want to use each of the focuses for, and then go through the busywork of setting it all up. Probably overkill for most users where Do Not Disturb will do. Unfortunately, the sleep focus requires you to have setup Sleep in Health, which I haven’t done as it turns on other things I’m not really interested at this time, so I’m still going to use the DND focus as my “sleep” focus. Seems to work just fine.

Exactly what I did for the same reason(s)

Watch unlock for my Series 5 and 13 Pro Max are now working! Woooo. You don’t realise just how much you use something until you can’t :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, I finally bit the bullet and updated phone and ipad to ios15.1. ON the phone, ts fine. On the ipad I HATE it. Any way to downgrade to 14.8?

15.1 is dodgy on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. It feels like it stutters and doesn’t respond to input regularly and ‘stuff’ just doesn’t work sometimes. Can’t wait for 15.2 :safety_vest:

Did 15.1.1 this morning in the hopes it will fix those issues. So far it seems better, although time will tell.

Just requested 15.1 to update my iOS devices… the earlier version was stable on my two phones but the iPad was having random crashes since updated from 14.x

I just updated to 15.1.1. These updates coming thick and fast.

Improving call drop performance is a good thing. I had never had issues before my 12 Mini, now I have been getting dropouts without actual disconnection. I was on the brink of switching back to my iphone 7 which was reliable. Updating now.

The iPhone 12 and the iPad 8th gen updated first time and are working without problems.

The iPhone Xr has so far failed to download the update, it gets partway and fails. I’ve restarted the phone, reset the carrier setting and reset the phone (without erasing the date) but no luck so far.

A search on the web says it might be a transient server issue but it’s been 3 days and no luck so far.

Made no difference to my calls. In or out, some get dropped, some are inaudible and some ppl can’t hear me. And theres no reverting to the last iOS.