Android Pay coming in 2016

And Android Pay is coming next year. The list of banks is rather impressive though there are some glaring omissions. http://ausdroid.net/2015/12/16/android-pay-coming-australia-h1-2016/

Interesting that some of the smaller banks are on board. Wonder if we’ll see movement on Apple Pay from someone like ING Direct.

I reckon it’s almost guaranteed, it’ll just be a matter of timing. Since Apple Pay is already up and running, with any luck it will happen before Android Pay goes live.

Interesting the some Westpac Group banks are there, but not Westpac itself. Hopefully they’ll offer Apple Pay instead!

Oh yes, I read the text version and missed it. Ignore me! :smile:

sigh

1 Like

Well at least we have a reason as to why the big 4 and their offshoots have snubbed Apple pay.

I suspect they’d prefer to offer both Android pay and Apple pay but that they’re holding out for a better deal from Apple.

Going on their past record Apple tend to ask somewhat more commission than the industry norm and I suspect the banks are pushing back against that.

AMEX OTOH hand ha little to lose since they’re a minor player in the Oz market anyway.

So here’s some interesting news…:angry:

Well this could be good news…apple will have to double there efforts, could cause loss of market here in au

I hope this is the swift kick up the rear that Apple/The Banks need to finally get Apple Pay rolled out (for average consumers, not just AMEX). Whether it’s the banks that cave in or Apple, I don’t care which way it goes as long as we get it.

1 Like

They’ve mentioned on Twitter a few times, hopefully it happens.

@andrewfaith Apple Pay is certainly on our radar. We are not in position right now to confirm anything. Fingers crossed. ^Jo

One thing I’ve noticed is when you scan an ING card in Wallet it knows exactly where all the data is (number, name, exp) but if you scan a Commbank card it only picks up the card number. It might be a clue that they know the exact spots, who knows, can only hope! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh come on you stupid banks! And CBA - I’m particularly looking at you!! Get with the times and accept Applepay - and the Android one for all I care!!

1 Like