Apple Watch Awesomeness

So I had a moment today where I just looked at my Apple Watch (series 0) and thought to myself: That’s awesome.

So our building has WiFi on only some floors and I have access to said WiFi for my iPhone. Today I left my phone at my desk on level 11 and went to a meeting on Level 6. I was a couple of minutes early and went to check how much time/where my next meeting was at which point I realised left my phone upstairs on my desk…

So I glance at my watch to see where the next meeting is and notice the little red “no connection to phone” isn’t flashing… odd. I can’t usually work to the gents on my own floor without that happening. So I test it out and send an iMessage which works perfectly and by chance I also got a phone call come through on my watch (which I ignored since I was in a meeting and all (and it was on silent)).

in summary. The watch connected to a common WiFi network and communicated back to my iPhone over 5 floors away. I wonder how far that would extend. Like could I go to another physical office location (which has the same network) and have the same result?

Colour me impressed.

2 Likes

One of my favourite things about the Apple Watch is walking around our house with just it and getting notifications everywhere. :slight_smile: