Apple's September Event 16/09/2020 (3amAEST)

Try mobile monster to trade your iPad, I get way more from them than Apple of old gear.

1 Like

I’ve said this for ages, should have been two USB-C ports or a lightning and USB-C port instead of just one lightning port. Apple could have done something useful and led the industry to adopt USB-C as the new standard for Audio, but they took the lazy route.

2 Likes

the Apple Watch 5 does have fall detection (in fact the Apple watch 4 did as well) and the 4, 5 and 6 will have ECG if ever enabled in Australia.
The key things the Apple watch 6 has over the 5 is a 2.5x AOD compared with the AOD in the 5, both 2.4 and 5GHz wifi instead of just 2.4GHz, its altimeter is always on as opposed to just barometric, faster performance so apps launch much snappier, the blood oxygen sensor, and a S6 SOC which includes a mysterious U1 chip for location services which purpose is yet to be fully revealed. And apparently battery life is just as good if not better.

Which sounds great, but if you can snag a cheap AW5 it would only really be missing the blood oxygen, and perhaps future iterations of watch OS will have some features that need the U1 chip.

And then there is the SE, which is an AW5 without the AOD and it won’t have the ECG feature of the other two if it ever becomes available in Australia. At the same price I think I would go the AW5.

1 Like

Already have the AW5 :slight_smile: it was just an academic exercise, really.

1 Like