Friday Morning News

Foxconn are planning to invest $2.6 billion into a display factory exclusively designed to supply Apple. The report comes from Bloomberg, who says Apple themselves requested the plant for “urgent capacity”, likely because displays are the one thing Apple can’t manufacture quickly enough to meet iPhone demand. The plant is expected to begin production of displays for Apple by the…

Originally published at: http://appletalk.com.au/2014/11/friday-morning-news211114/

Apple really let us down with the bugginess of iOS and OS X this time around. If they’re sacrificing quality to make their release schedules then they should rethink the whole 12 month refresh thing. It’s clear to me they’re tying software to hardware release dates and it’s getting the better of them.

If they want to go down that route, fine, but they could at least release patches more frequently to compensate. The latest patches barely touched the sides in terms of issues not addressed.

I didn’t want to join in on the buggy software chorus as iOS and OS X have mostly been fine for me — touch wood — but after upgrading directly to Yosemite and 10.10.1, I’m inclined to agree.

Before the update, iTunes 12 was fine. Now my music stutters occasionally when I switch spaces, and sometimes audio output from iTunes dies completely (but the song will continue “playing”). Quitting and re-opening iTunes fixes things, but yeah, this never happened under Mavericks and literally the only change I’ve done is upgrade to Yosemite.