Great Apple Support Experience

Hi,
I’m a newby here, being a refugee from the now dead macworld.com.au forum where I had contributed since 2008.

As a first post I wanted to mention an absolute positive experince I had recently with Apple Stroes support.

My 20-month l’d iPhone 6 battery has been seemingy dying on me, holding its charge for half a day at most.

Whilst visiting Syd I popped into the Apple Store in the CBD, after having made a Genius bar booking.

Popped in at my appointed 3.30pm; helpful ‘Genius’ lady tested my phone and found that the battery was at 80.75% - and that ‘failure’ as deemed under warranty is <80%. Damn it!

However, the nice genius lady said, “Close enough, we’ll replace it under warranty”. Mentioned I was only in Sydney for a few days but she replied…“If you leave the phone with us we will do it now”.

They estimated 2-hours, but whilst having a coffee and on my ipad I received an email from Apple an hour later advising my phone was ready.

Popped back in and collected my iphone with a spanking new battery (with a notably longer batery life!) at now charge.

Great Service!

3 Likes

Excellent story - it’s good to share the compliments as well as the complaints.

I didn’t know they just replaced batteries, don’t they give you a refurbished (new) unit?

There was some battery replacement program they entered into, due to a batch of defective batteries. You didn’t get a refurbished handset; instead you had the battery swapped out.

Mine was done and it took an hour, same as OP. Go get a coffee and come back.

If the battery is tested as ‘failed’ within two years of purchase it will be replaced under warranty. Remember in Aust Apple products are covered for two years, not the advertising 1-year (thanks to our ACCC).