Iinet free monthly quota increase (to 1TB)

I’ve pushed my very large photo collection to google photos as (another) level of backup, it look a few months of uploading thanks to our crappy upload and my (many) hundreds of gig of photos.

I still can’t take real online backup too seriously as even small (read a couple of gig at a time) updates take hours and hours and hours to upload. NBN was set to change that… maybe it still will… one day… maybe. But again, off topic :stuck_out_tongue:

I should have waited! Got the email this morning, ADSL2+ Home 2 plan getting 500GB instead of 150GB. :smile:

1 Like

Hi - online backup is an important part of an overall data redundancy and recovery system - I am able to get unlimited 100mb cable (Optus) so I’ve managed to have 3 TB online with Crashplan (which is unlimited), and 1 TB with Dropbox (double online backup for family photos and videos as they are irreplaceable) on top of local backup - peace of mind…

I got the same email. More than triple the old limit. That should keep me going for a while - can’t see me going over 500GB, but I guess I would have said that about 150GB at some stage. Good work by iinet.

removing limits would be good work

For me 1TB (even 500GB) is effectively limitless — at least for now

Nice though the extra quota may be for some, I don’t even use the 150 GB I had, let alone the 500 GB I now have.

Would have much rather had a $5 or $10 per month reduction on the service, or a guarantee that iiNet would retain jobs in Australia. They put the knife through Adam pretty hard…

1 Like

My boys are getting more into watching YouTube videos at the moment so we could do with a friendly increase from iinet. We are “off net” and on their home 2 turbo plan which gives us 100gb and we are on the cusp each month now.
I could go to the next plan for another $10p/mth, but at the moment can casually buy a data pack for the same amount if we run out earlier in the month.
Offnet and NBN never to be seen leaves it pricey. Would so love to get rid of the damn phone line cost.

Just got an email to say that iinet is now unlimited download.

1 Like

Whoa, iiNet just went unlimited data for ADSL and NBN plans. Time to rack up some usage on my 100/40 connection!

1 Like

And my monthly usage is only <5GB or so. I probably use more on mobile than at home.

Got the email today also, shame they are losing customers left right and centre in my area as they stay stuck on 2km from the exchange copper as people go to cable and for some lucky ones, fibre. 5mbit just doesn’t cut it anymore, so my ~15 year tenure with iiNet will be soon coming to an end.

I had iiNet NBN activated two days ago (away for a few days, so have to wait to see how it is), switching from off-net.

Will have to check emails re unlimited data.

Edit: assume this is a TPG thing. Just hope the service remains very good (as a longer term iiNet user, have seen some concerning the signs)…

Just got home, logged into Toolbox, no unlimited quota for me, but new NBN plans definitely appear to be unlimited. Wondering if it’s a gradual rollout?

Updated my Naked DSL from 1TB to unlimited. Not that it matters, I could get by on 300GB most months.

My Internode FTTN NBN connection should be sorted tomorrow morning after a couple of false starts. Once it’s up and running and I get a gauge for what I can squeeze out of my line I will probably bump up to an unlimited plan (same pricing as iiNet). An extra $5 a month is cheap enough to not care at all about how much or little data is being used.