iOS 11 Screen Sharing

I got an email from TeamViewer announcing this yesterday as I have a licence with them.

This is a huge game changer for me professionally. Can’t wait!

It will simplify IT supporting my old man.

Although I would really like to control the remote ios screen from the Mac.

I thought about using screen sharing from a support perspective when I posted it in the news this morning, and it’ll seems kind of niche. It’ll definitely come in handy if you’re helping someone with a specific app that you’re not familiar with, but otherwise the consistent, predicable nature of iOS means that they won’t have, say, a window in a weird spot on their screen, or not see something that should be there (all other things being equal).

I.e. you’ll always be able to tell someone to tap on the time, for it to scroll to the top of whatever list they’re looking at. They’ll always be able to press the home button to go back to the home screen, etc.

Bennyling, walking a 76 yo through the settings app can be quite a frustrating exercise. Trust me.

I agree, but seeing what they are seeing is a massive help to me.

1 Like

Quoting for truth.

1 Like

They use a version of this with Apple phone support already.

It’s surprising how many people when on a phone based call can not see what is directly in front of them.

It might sound like an over complication for a simple problem but it would be super handy when trying to see errors the customer sees or settings listed.

Especially when they have been playing around with their mail settings for example to try and fix a sending issue themselves and now somehow have 15 smtp servers listed.