iPhone 7 launch day

Just thought I’d set up this topic for people to discuss their experiences with the iPhone 7 launch, for those that are lining up and those who decided not to. I’ve heard that the jet black iPhone 7 and 7 plus will be very scarce.

For me I’ve decided I’ll be heading down to line up extra early and hope that I’ll be one of the lucky few at the Telstra store line. Fingers crossed.

Note:

Beginning Friday, limited quantities of iPhone 7 in silver, gold, rose gold, and black will be available for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores. During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them.

There may not be many models available. Definitely not Apple stores. But worth trying with Telstra.

Haha. If Apple Stores don’t have Jet Black, what makes you think Telstra (or any other carrier, for that matter) will have them?

Do you have a reservation, or are you just turning up?

Enjoy your new phones launch day people!

I think there were some articles saying that while Apple may have no inventory left, they can’t say the same for other retailers.

Either way, I’ll be interested to see the black vs jet black so I can make up my mind when I want to chuck my cash down in a few weeks time.

Picked up my new iPhone 7 256GB and a new Series 2 42mm SS Apple Watch from the Apple Store Sydney at 8am this morning.

I was told I was the first person to buy an Apple Watch Series 2 and was probably the first person in the world! They tried to drum up some of the press to take an interest, but they were only interested in the iPhone.

1 Like

Congrats you pioneer! One small wrist for man, one large watch for mankind!

2 Likes

@changa well, except for those in NZ

@iMac reports that no jet black sales for walk-ins

There are no Apple Stores in NZ, and the Watch was only available if you pre-ordered (or so they tell me).

Maybe it was the first sale from an Apple Store. :slight_smile:

If I did line-up, even though I would get the silver 7, I’d say I wanted a 7+, and if not, a 7 jet black, just to get a free iTunes voucher :slight_smile:

Quickly ran over to Myer Melb CBD to have a play. Seems like they had plenty of 7 stock. They had a Jet Black 7 on display but not a 7 Plus. Personally I can see how it won’t retain it’s shine and would prefer the matte one myself if I was getting one. Home button is nice. But I can’t get past that thing which is missing off the bottom, even though I don’t use it much myself. Glad I’ve got a 6S for now. They had watch stock but I managed to resist and wait for my Nike+ to arrive in October.

I just turned up, lined up at the Telstra store. Was the most chaotic launch day I’ve been to, badly organised by the shopping centre.

Before even going there I was set to get either a 256gb iPhone 7 Jet Black or Black, I had been there since after 3am and managed to get the black, so all in all I’m happy I got what I was after. The goodie bag from Telstra had a battery bank so that was cool.

1 Like

Wandered in to JB HiFi around 10am, nobody else in the store, walked out a few minutes later with new shiny in my choice of colour and capacity - a 128GB 7 in Black.

Joys of living in a more regional area.

2 Likes

I’m really liking the new home button. To be honest I was pretty skeptical (never having use the 12in MB), but it feels exactly the same with the Taptic Engine

Seems like capacitive sensing doesn’t work with gloves…

The home button now goes by the same rules as the screen, but if you’re using ‘touch screen gloves’ it’ll be fine

One more thing that people didn’t think of that you need something else to do.

If you’re using gloves that won’t work on the home button, they won’t work on the screen either, so there is no reason for more outrage.

And there’s no objective reason to launch into a tirade of comments in defense either. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lol my thoughts exactly :laughing: