New Pebbles!

Just had an email from Kickstarter as I was a Pebble and Pebble Time backer. There’s new versions of both today, and a new type of wearable that we haven’t seen before!

Check them out: https://www.pebble.com and https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-2-time-2-and-core-an-entirely-new-3g-ultra

I’ll get the Time 2 for sure. I’ve loved my original Pebble, and the Time is a great evolution on that idea. The Time 2 with a bigger screen and better battery looks awesome. I haven’t dug into the other features yet but for $169USD on Kickstarter (with a bit of a wait granted) it’s a superb deal based on the fact that I haven’t gone a day without using my Pebbles for the last few years. The Timeline software has come a hell of a long way in the last 12 months too. Can’t wait to see what it can do on new hardware

Wow already raised over $4m!

Hope the international shipping isn’t a fustercluck like last year!

I like the look of that price :slight_smile:

After using my Apple Watch for almost 12 months my use cases are still pretty narrow:

a watch…
Upcoming meetings/calendar
Notifications (although these are stripped back to a minimum on the phone too)
I do use voice control a bit for timers while cooking.
I also tend to use the remote app to control the music playing.
The movement tracking of course, but more in passing than because I’m actively using it.

From what I can see the Pebble would do everything but the remote integration (and maybe the voice controlled timers??).

I’ll definitely be having a look at this one when it comes times to replace this watch.

Yup you’re right. I’ve been using a Pebble since the first kickstarter so my use case is very well defined. Pebble does everything I need, and it does it almost perfectly. That’s one reason I haven’t tried Apple Watch. Also the battery/e-ink is much better hardware for a wearable IMO.

I just bought a Fitbit Blaze. Wish I had known this was coming

Just backed the Core. Interesting idea and look forward to running without my phone!

All really interesting looking new devices. I backed the first Pebble and loved it, though it was delayed ages. These days I’m using a Garmin watch which does Notifications and GPS and counts my steps. I’m tempted by these but the wait puts me off, and also the fact a new Apple Watch is hopefully likely to appear in the meantime. If I did back it I’d get the Time 2 and the core as a pair, and just whack in a datashare SIM.

One thing, finding tech specs as to what 3G Bands etc the Core supports isn’t easy on the website. Can anyone point me to them???

I’ve never backed anything from Kickstarter before, do you know if you can change your address or if they will ask you to reconfirm the mailing address? I’m not sure if I’m relocating overseas or not, but really interested in the Pebble 2 - been using the original Pebble for years now and it’s great!

I’ve backed 30 Kickstarter projects - you can usually change your address later via a backer survey after the project is finished and ready to ship.

1 Like

I have the Pebble time steel and use it everyday, rarely need to charge it. I spied this in the middle of the night while boarding a plane back from HK and backed the early bird as I knew they would be gone by the time I landed…