New purchases thread!

In the process of upgrading some portions my home network to multi-gig LAN. Have ordered a few bits and pieces.

• Router - Netgear RAX-120
  • Switch - Netgear XS508M
  • NICS - Intel X550 T1 and T2.

And with gigabit internet around the corner, should be great from a connectivity point of view very soon.
Hopefully there wont be a need to upgrade any of the above hardware anytime soon.

1 Like

I’ve never had a dishwasher, my kitchen isnt big enough to have a full sized one. Or even a large benchtop one. But I decided it could have one of these:

Ordered and received but not yet installed :slight_smile: Looking forward to having cleaner dishes (my eyes betray me at times)

2 Likes

That is one cool router!!

I hope so!
I’ve used Netgear products for a couple of decades now and they have always worked and been reliable for me.
For some reason this model seems to have higher processing power than their top of the range. It is also the only model with 5gb ethernet. These were the main decision factors for me.
Secondary factors were moving to WIFI 6. Only my iPhone can take advantage of that at the moment, but will no doubt become a more common over time.

My HomePod mini arrived today! Haven’t really tested it out properly yet - I’m at work, but so far, I must say I’m impressed with the sound quality!

2 Likes

Isn’t the point of the mini to buy two of them? Be great for TV stereo sound.

Here’s the mini dishwasher. Bit of a learning curve with packing it, especially for those of us who have never had one…

2 Likes

I had no idea that mini dishwashers like like that unit above even existed.

Nor did I. It was advertised on Ozbargain and i jumped on it right away. Been very happy with it but now I want to get some plumbing stuff to connect it to a tap, its a bit awkward, filling it with a jug.

My Xmas present to myself. The LG 34GN850. (34'' Curved WQHD UltraGear Monitor with Nano IPS | 34GN850-B | LG Australia).

Beautiful monitor in all aspects. My work MBP can’t quite push its higher refresh rate but my PC can and the ultrawide layout is now my new favourite. Great for productivity.

This ticked all the right boxes.

• Ultrawide with 3440x1440 resolution
  • 160hz refresh rate
  • 1ms response times
  • Nano IPS display with great colours and blacks

2 Likes

Toshiba 40" TV.

2 Likes

After exploring other devices and operating systems for the last couple of years, I’m back in Apple land. The credit card copped a solid beating and we are now the proud owners of:

For me:
iPhone 12 mini 64GB
M1 MacBook Pro 256/16GB
44mm Series 6 Apple Watch

For my better half:
iPhone 12 mini 64GB
M1 MacBook Air 256/8GB
40mm Series 6 Apple Watch

Both:
AirPods Pro
MagSafe wallets and chargers

3 Likes

I’ve bought an iPhone 12 Mini 128GB, incoming tomorrow, plus a couple of Spigen cases when they get round to sending them, as well as one of their glass screen protectors. Bit disappointed I have not been able to source a power support antiglare screen protector, don’t even know if they are making them for the iPhone 12 series. Been using PS antiglare since my iphone 4s and did not want to change.

2 Likes

Yay Mini gang!

1 Like

Gosh I love my iPhone mini. So good. I love seeing ppl buying them too. They seem to be more common than the recent media would imply.

2 Likes

Mine arrived yesterday, and although I have two Spigen cases on order, I had to rush out and buy one so I could use the mini right away. I still miss having a home button. Size wise its not very much smaller than the 6/7/8/SE size, I thought it would be. I think if I had gone to Apple and actually handled it before purchase, I might not have bought. But I have, and so I’ll hang on. I am happy with the screen size. I use it zoomed, and enlarge fonts, so its all good. Very impressed with portrait mode on the camera. I nearly bought the full size 12 or 12Pro, glad I did not, now.

Yes love mine too. I reckon all this talk of low sales is just in comparison to the iPhone 12. It was always going to sell more than the mini.
No doubt any other manufacturer would love to have the volume of iPhone mini sales for one of their models.

2 Likes

YMMV but it didn’t take very long to adapt to the lack of home button

2 Likes

I’d never go back, it’s SO quick to navigate and multitask without it. Others I know who have upgraded their phones thought they’d miss it, they were certain of it. But not long after they upgraded they absolutely loved it.

Getting used to it, but I’m having issues with terminating apps (yes, I know, Apple doesnt want us to, but I want to from time to time) … swiping up and over fails for me probably 3 out of every 5 times I try it. Is there another way to do it?