No Audio on two different iOS devices

I’ve had a strange issue this afternoon. My son brought his iPad in complaining it wasn’t making any sounds. Shutting down apps, toggling silent, changing volume all had no effect but turning it off and on again saw it all working again. While it’s strange, these things can happen (I suppose)…

But I just pulled out my iPhone to play some music while making dinner and while it said it was playing it wasn’t outputting any sound to the AirPlay speaker… so I tried switching sources and the stereo is working fine. Switching back to the iPhone speaker and there was still no sound to be had. Checking a couple of different apps and still no audio output…

Switch it off and back on again and BAM, it’s all working again. I don’t know if I’ve done anything audio related (other than calls all day) on the phone…

Two different devices on different icloud accounts with the same issue on the same day? Something is a little strange there. Anyone else had this problem today? Or just blind coincidence?

I have no idea why my previous comment was “hidden by community flags” but have deleted it anyway, the comment was intended to inject a little humour.