Trying to create two Home Screen shortcuts from Safari which should be easy enough but I’m having some issues. With a desktop OS you obviously have more flexibility but I’m wondering if it’s still possible to achieve the same thing on an iPad.
- what I want: URL and icon of my choice
- what I get: redirected URL and wrong icon
- the url I want redirects and it’s possible the redirected url could change hence I want to save the non-redirected url, otherwise I may in future have to recreate the shortcut
- the favicon does not save as the shortcut icon, instead I get a screenshot of the website which is unhelpful
- is it possible to choose an image from Photos to save as the icon for a website shortcut?
- is a filemaker link so has a fmp:// prefix
- when you enter the address in Safari, you don’t get the option to save it to the Home Screen, you’re prompted to open the page in FileMaker Go [Cancel|Open].
So what is and what is not possible?