The end of Pocket Weather Australia

Just signed up for a weatherzone subscription to get the GCM outputs.

Anyone signed up for Plus? Wondering what the subscription cost is…

Those of us on age pensions must keep costs down. I’ll stick with Weathermate Pro, which also gives access to AQI.

Yep, Snowflake Plus is $5.99 per year.

The app seems reasonably comprehensive and seems very reliable for an initial release. I like to pay my way with apps. In this case they have an ongoing cost for the live weather data.

Besides, I own about 9 other weather apps. (There must bea treatment for weather app addiction)

1 Like

Agreed. I had Pocket Weather, Willy Weather, and Carrot. Probably more but those are the ones I remember. Weathermate has a free option (ad supported) but I went with the Pro because it has all the features I want in one package.

Not sure any weather site or app does exactly what I want or is configurable to my preferences so it’s unlikely I’d be prepared to pay much if anything for an app.

• 7-day forecast for all cities on one screen, rather than one page for each city, or just tomorrow’s forecast for all cities on one page
  • current temp, today’s low temp and today’s high temp for all cities on one page

I’d also like some stats. I’m in Melbourne. What’s the record high and low for Melbourne on December 18? What’s the record high and low for Melbourne in December?

I don’t think you’re going to get it all on one page. No space.

Jul’ 2019 - Oz Weather put to sleep
Jan’ 2020 - Oz Weather returns from the dead

1 Like

Thanks for that!

Installed again! It appears to have a new owner now rather than Shifty Jelly. ozPDA who are located in Sydney. Kudos to them for reviving this great little app.

It’s also appreciated to see all previous users grandfathered into a lifetime of upgrades, but I would suggest that an option be put in there somewhere to allow old users to throw a few bucks their way none the less. A suggestion I’ve sent directly to Graham as ozPDA too :wink:

If I’m reading this right, you appear to be celebrating the return of an app that is not Pocket Weather Australia, from Adelaide-based Shifty Jelly, as if were Pocket Weather Australia…?

4 Likes

they are different apps

2 Likes

You are correct. It’s been a while and looking at the app I kept thinking that things were missing… now I know why :stuck_out_tongue:
My bad. Clearly in holiday mode and not paying enough attention.

2 Likes

Any found a simple and clean tide app. I like how Pocket weather presented this data, and just want a simple app that does this (with local data — NSW for me).

Not looking for bells and whistles…

I’m still using Willy Weather (which has been mentioned a few times in the thread), it’s not a ‘pretty’ as some of the other apps but it’s simple to use and gives me all the information I need.

1 Like

I’m with Geoff. Willy Weather picks up where Pocket weather left off. I use my own station for local stuff and Willy for general area stuff.

1 Like

I’m using Snowflake. It’s not bad.

I have settled on SnowFlake too. It is a comprehensive weather app, so maybe not what @avolve is after. However, it has been tweaked to the point that it provides all the info I need via an efficient UI on watch, phone and iPad.

I added the BOM webpage to my home screen when Pocket Weather ended.

I am happy with it (not taking away from snowflake), and it has all I want except for tides…

1 Like

I also agree Willy Weather is excellent, especially if you also have an Apple Watch. Great tfr of info on that, including tides which I also check regularly.

It’s been a while since I checked the BOM site on my phone, looks like things have changed a bit.

https://weather.bom.gov.au/onboarding

And https://m.bom.gov.au has been retired.

1 Like