The new Apple TV

Saw on ozbargain that Target on line had an xbox1 bundle at $321 yesterday. Puts things in perspective.

Certainly. There are better and cheaper options out there if your priority is videogames.

From live chat

Thank you , so the new Apple TV will be released later this week in Retail Store. At this time we donā€™t have a set date.

2 Likes

Reports are saying Friday in the US, so with a bit of luck itā€™ll mean Friday for us too!

Please enjoy some pizza while we wait: :pizza:

1 Like

I just got a delivery notification on mine for tomorrow (30th).

1 Like

Same here!

Meanwhile, the review embargo has lifted.

Just got my invoice - no mention of statutory fees. Just a charge of $244.55 plus 10% GST.

1 Like

Some videos are making their way to YouTube now. I canā€™t wait to see if thereā€™s any Australian launch apps like iView. Also dying to see if I can run apps from different stores at the same time like I can on iOS. Imagine having iView, BBC iPlayer (one day), and Hulu all on the one screen!

Oh man. If Murdoch didnā€™t buy Nat Geo, a native Nat Geo app wouldā€™ve had me sold instantly.

Just got my invoice too. Arriving by the 30th.

I might just go in on Friday and pick one up, 64gb of course

Received in depot, woo.

1 Like

Boo Hoo, Mine is still preparing for shipment. :cry:

I ordered mine first day as well. - Oh well. It would have been fun to have it for the weekend but will have to wait.

I ordered the 64GB version.

EDIT: Looking on MacRumors, it seems that the 64GB versions are the ones still stuck in preparing for shipment.

If any of you are ducking to Apple in the morning, would you mind posting here and letting us know if itā€™s actually in stock? Iā€™m planning to check around lunch time, but if itā€™s not there youā€™ll save me a trip :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I got the text saying delivery tomorrow too. Canā€™t wait.

Has anyone had any luck in the past with leaving a pre-emptive authority to leave note for TNT?
I was going to print this out: http://www.tnt-redelivery.com.au/atlReqform.html in case no one was home, or the driver didnā€™t feel like knocking, or he arrived exactly within the 10 minute window I go to the shop for milkā€¦

The app updates to support Apple TV are starting. Iā€™m pumped for Altoā€™s Adventure, itā€™s a fun little game and should translate very well to the big screen.

It feels like Christmas morning as a kid :smiley:

1 Like

This is exactly what Iā€™m hoping for. The local services are finally getting their act together with streaming, and to have them alongside Hulu, BBC and Sky News UK would be a massive convenience.

Theoretically, they can just make it completely iOS based, add a camera to simulate touch-screen on TV, and imagine what you can do thenā€¦