What car do you drive?

Me gusta. Now that is an impressive looking car.

DROOL

I know the company is not the same as the original (and - that’s not a bad thing!), but in terms of a modern descendant of the original… WOW!

And, it’s electric, too!

No way in hell I’ll be able to afford one (!) but, maybe when I’m 65…

Reading… Apparently the new DeLorean is estimated to have a price tag of US$175k… so - I’d guess that’s something like AU$300k… As such, chalk me up for a second hand unit in about 2075… if I live to be 98…

And, read this too:

…Also unlike the original car, it will have some impressive performance numbers. It will accelerate from 0-60mph in 2.99 seconds, and 0-88mph (you know why!) in 4.35 seconds.

2 Likes

It seems that 0-60 times in EV’s (while still very impressive) are relatively easy to achieve in the very low numbers, numbers normal people just don’t appreciate just how fast they really are.

The more I read and think about it our next car purchase might be a replacement of the second car with a smaller EV for the day to day run around moving the larger 7 seater into that second car spot which already isn’t driven all that much… although I suspect it would then be used more frequently for it’s larger seating capacity and towbar. The EV could then be the work day hack (which is most of the KM’s really) doing the school drop off and then the daily commute onto the office every day. We would get very close to being able to charge up over the weekend purely from solar too (at least in summer).