What car do you drive?

We drove a Honda Jazz to Mt Hotham and Kosciuszko National Park on our road trip last year. 4 adults + camping gears + food supplies! Did not disappoint :rofl:

1 Like

A year later than last post and still driving the same car. Its now 18 years old and doesn’t owe me a thing.

Japanese reliability!

2 Likes

My daughter moved out of home and took the 2017 Lancer with her leaving me without a suitable car. I’ve always liked sedans but I didn’t have a huge budget and didn’t want a second hand car (I’m intending to keep this car up to 10 years).

I looked at the Hyundai Elentra but the triangle headlights and sharp angles on the current version spoil what was a nice looking small sedan in the previous version.

The Kia Cerato sedan is ok… but for some reason I look at it and my heart says meh…

The new Corolla sedan is well built and the interior is nice enough even in the lower spec models but the local Toyota dealer wanted over $30,000 drive away for what is now the base model.

The Mazda sedan was going to be over $30,000 as well.

So I looked at the Honda and Subaru dealer where I asked about the price of a Civic VTi. The dealer suggested instead of a 2020 VTi that I look at an in stock 2019 VTi-S (1 step up in grade from the VTi) undriven with 10km on the dial. He did a deal and I drove away for $26,000 with a tank of fuel and mats plus $1000 for a tow bar kit as a dealer fitted option (I have a small box trailer I use at home sometimes). I’d have liked the turbo motor but it was outside my budget.

It’s bright red with blacked out grill and grey alloy wheels, probably not a color I would have chosen but it certainly gets attention and it’s growing on me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Toyota have definitely overpriced the current gen Corolla (though not nearly as much as the Mazda 3). I hope to get one as my next car, I also like sedans, but the high pricing won’t really bother me, as I will never buy a new car.

The Civic is a good car, hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honda family! Nice wheels, and I like red Hondas. Had a 2000 EK hatch in Milano red. It was very similar color as that.

1 Like

Mine is Toyota Corolla.
runs smoothly.
I’m happy with it

1 Like

Nice car.
I read this is one of the most popular cars in Asian countries
perfect car for the family.
Enjoy brother

1 Like

I also have a Corolla. A 2010 Sedan that I’ve done a lot of work on upgrading. I love it! Though I’m saving for a Toyota 86 as a secondary ‘fun’ car.

3 Likes

Got a Jeep Gladiator in September this year. We moved to Philip Island this year so it’s essentially a beach car for surfboards.

Mazda CX-30 2020 AWD.

Love it! Spend a lot of time on the open road for work and its a great open road car. Pleasure to drive….and later became Wheels Car of the Year for that model!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Our family is 100% Skoda at the moment. Me a 2011 Octavia VRS hatch (looks like a sedan) and my wife a 2013 Superb 4x4 TDI wagon.

I do miss my VW Polo GTI (9N). Was written off with storm damage in 2020. :cry:

I’ve had two Skodas, my first was the RS hatch in late 2008 that went to my parents and is still with them as I got a wagon RS in 2016. Having said that the prices have gone to ludicrous levels for the mk4 with the same engine etc. I got a 3yo Audi A5 Cab in early 2020 and its worth more than what I paid then. I was thinking of doing the same thing in a year or so but the price for one that is 3yrs old at the moment is almost double with crazy car prices atm so will stay put. With all our lockdowns both cars barely moved for two years.

1 Like

The DeLorean is returning as an electric car - intriguing!

2 Likes

Haven’t put one in yet, but might not put in that order for a Tesla…

The wife is all “Why would you even want a DeLorean? It looks like an old car my mum would’ve driven in the 80s.”

Currently looking up divorce procedures… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We replaced our 2010 VW Multivan which was starting to show its age a little at 230k and 12 years old.

Now we are in a Mazda CX-8 Askai which has all of the tech, in contrast the Multivan had auto wipers and power front windows and that’s about it. The new one has lane keep and change assist, adaptive cruise and all sort of things that ding and beep. It’s very nice and keeps the wife happy :slight_smile:

Sadly it makes my Golf feel old all of a sudden, again not a lot of tech beyond auto wipers and lights. That said, it’s only done 47k since new in 2011 thanks to being a second car.

1 Like

Still driving my Suzuki Ignis, it is now 20 years old and still going strong. It owes me nothing. I’ve only done about 130k, because I don’t work and only go out very infrequently since the pandemic began. I used to drive down to Sydney frequently but thats off the cards now, I’d never get there with the number of times I’d have to stop and nap!!! I wasn’t going to post a pic but I have one from last year. Not looking too bad for its age.

1 Like

I drive a 2017 BMW X1, a small SUV is perfect for me, it’s not a sedan, it has some elevation, and it’s not too big. Next year will see BMW release the 3rd generation X1 including a new hybrid model as well as an electric iX1. All X1 models will support Apple Digital Key Plus.

If I recall, neither Libs nor Labor offered any ‘game changing’ promises for EV’s during the election - nothing that would change the car manufacturers’ view that they would be wasting EVs by sending them here - when they get great subsidies in other markets…

1 Like

I think we have a much better chance of it happening under the ALP, but Morrison used EVs as a scare campaign last election, so I think they wanted to avoid any policy that could be weaponised against them.

3 Likes