Who's watching Who's Watching You (on YouTube)

G’day,

Almost 10 years ago to the day I created my YouTube channel, thecosmichobo.

The “cosmic hobo”, for those who don’t know, is a reference to Doctor Who, in particular the 2nd incarnation as played by Patrick Troughton.

Long ago I noted that there are MANY websites out there that quite simply try to “cash in” on your YouTube channel, by replicating your content on their site. So instead of watching your videos on YouTube, you end up watching it on their site, with their ads, etc. This hasn’t really concerned me per se, as I don’t receive revenue from my channel, though being the control freak that I am, it is a bit unnerving.

Tonight, whilst having a peep to see if anyone’s talking about my channel (hey, it happens!), I found this site:

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/thecosmichobo

They do not just put your videos up for people to watch… They bloody well rank the YouTuber, and provide some fairly indepth stats on them, too! C+? C+?!? I’ll give you a C+! :wink:

Whilst my initial thoughts were - this is horrible! - I’m actually starting to appreciate this site… It even provides a projection of when I should reach X views per day, or Y subscribers… Mmm, I was wanting to crack 1,000 subscribers… Looks like that’s more than 5 years away! Better make some more content, cos my last one added nearly 20%…

For the record, I do just absolutely need to mention that whilst this site will tell you I’ve only had around 600,000 views across my videos, this number is drastically wrong due to the loss of views when you delete a video… and until I had a chat with the BBC about using their content, I deleted some really high rating “mash ups” once YouTube blocked them…

Now let’s see… which one should I finish of… Doctor Who: The Wheel of Scream, or Doctor Who: Caves of Androzani IN 4 MINUTES!

Cheers

cosmic

I deleted my you-tube channel a while ago the only thing I have on it is this

my channel is 1024th in the world subscriber wise but still only ranked B+, don’t upload often enough. Youtube wants daily vlogs. too hard!