2021 iPhone 13/ Apple Watch 7 preorder thread

Ok - this Friday 8 October at 11 pm - AppleWatch 7 preorder starts.

Anyone here doing it?

I have a series 4. I am holding out till next year in the hope of blood pressure monitoring

I was underwhelmed by the Series 7 - was hoping for boost in battery life that was rumoured + extra health tracking features. Unsure whether to wait it out another year with my Series 1 or upgrade now…

I have an iPhone 12 and an iPad 2020. I was never a fan of the square edge iPhone 4 and 4S and I’ve never adapated to the square edge shape of my 12. I put a case on it, which helps a bit but I’m going to hang out for the iPhone 13 in hopes that they go back to that lovely rounded edge shape that the iPhones used to have. To be honest I wish I hadn’t upgraded from my Xr. The iPad still suits my needs, I’ll upgrade that when it slows down.

I kept my iPhone 3GS for 3 years and upgraded to an iPhone 5. Since then I have upgraded every 1 or 2 years, until now. I am holding on to my iPhone XS for yet another year, other than better battery, there is little in the iPhone 12 or 13 to compel me to upgrade. Maybe next year.

I was upgrading phone every year for a while, but that had to stop after I retired. Then I dropped to every 2 years but stayed one or two models behind. I went a bit silly earlier this year and bought the SE2 when i should have waited for the 12. Happy with the 12 Mini, though and feel no compulsion to upgrade (sold SE2 to mobile monster for a reasonable price)

Watch: I went from Series 1 to series 5 and the 5 is still doing its job. I’d like to have overnight SpO2 readings (I have sleep apnea and my finger device is not intended for all night use). However I think I am going to wait for Watch 8 or 9 if I’m still around. However, the temptation is there, to jump tonight.

1 Like

There’s no doubt the Apple Watch is a lovely piece of technology, I see so many people wearing them.

I’m on Series 5 too and I’m also holding onto it until they do a release with more metrics. The 5 still performs really well. I’ve got to admit after getting the new iPad Pro I notice the speed of my iPhone X. Still, I really don’t take photos so they have to woo me with something more than just a better camera.

3 Likes

Same. The selling point for new iPhones is improved cameras which are of little interest to me.

And with Apple Watch, their selling point is new health features, again, of little interest to me.

But I’m sure one day I will bite and grab my first ever Apple Watch.I recall when I was a kid in the early 80s you could play games on some watches, so maybe I’ll wait until I can play Pong on an Apple Watch!

1 Like

Interestingly, thats why I jumped originally, but it was 3rd party apps I wanted (Sleep Cycle and Autosleep). Dont care about workout, breathe, stand etc. Since organising Apple Pay, thats what i mostly use the watch for now, plus Stocard. The sleep apps report to the phone. I don’t think I could go without apple pay now (or similar if I jumped ship to Android)

1 Like

Ordered my Apple Watch 7. Delivery quite far out. Hmmm…

Ordered the silver stainless steel with silver strap, delivery ~25th.

Just to live vicariously through you, I went through the filter process on the Apple website to see what that looks like. Very nice indeed :+1:

Yes hoping so, genuine bling I thought!

Anyone know if the Apple stores are getting stock of the series 7 or can it only be ordered online?